We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torrey breakfast recommendations?

Boston...
Level Contributor
269 posts
Save Topic
Torrey breakfast recommendations?

Where is a good place for breakfast in Torrey? We'll be staying overnight in Torrey and would like to find a good place to grab breakfast before heading to Capitol Reef for the day. Thanks!

Cedar City, UT
Level Contributor
307 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Torrey breakfast recommendations?

Simple, but good, is the deli in Austin's Chuckwagon Lodge and Grocery. Austin's is on the main street, in the middle of town, so easy to find.

Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Torrey breakfast recommendations?

Castle Rock Coffee just opposite the junction of 12 & 24 at the east end of Torrey has great coffee and breakfasts.

Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Torrey breakfast recommendations?

If you happen to be staying at the Best Western Capitol Reef Resort, you will find that their complimentary breakfast is better than most motel/hotel offerings.

New York
Level Contributor
866 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Torrey breakfast recommendations?

Man I guess I missed out. All I did was get gas and continue on to Bryce!

Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Torrey breakfast recommendations?

Castle Rock Coffee is a great breakfast stop! They can make it to go or you can eat in-- yummy yummy.

I also enjoyed the breakfast items offered at Austin's deli. They have a lot of choices.

Robbers Roost Bookstore has great coffee and pastries, and you can get a book or a map or information about the area while you're there. 8 am opening.

Another fabulous option is a pie from the Gifford House in historic Fruita. They also open at 8 am-- (and yes, it is perfectly acceptable to have pie for breakfast! LOL)

Have a great visit!

*Pixie*

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,828 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Torrey breakfast recommendations?

Capitol Reef Inn Cafe has a good breakfast as well.

Boston...
Level Contributor
269 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Torrey breakfast recommendations?

Thanks for the suggestions!

Pixie - I'm actually hoping to have a Gifford House pie for lunch LOL.

Belleville, IL
Level Contributor
305 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Torrey breakfast recommendations?

Does anyone know what times these places open for breakfast? I couldn't find much online besides Castle Rock Coffee which doesn't appear to open until 7. Is there anywhere open earlier such as 6 or 6:30?

9. Re: Torrey breakfast recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 03:15