We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overwhelmed by Menus

USA
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Overwhelmed by Menus

We absolutely love to eat! I wouldn't call us foodies, but it could be possible that the highlight of our trip will be a meal. We have three dinners and three lunches to eat in NYC. For lunches I'm planning on eating lighter a slice of Pizza, a good sandwich, etc... So, if you were choosing: What three places would you eat for Dinner and what three places would you eat for lunch. I'm hoping we are going to be really hungry from all the walking we are going to do! We like everything and like to try new things. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,168 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,053 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Durham
Level Contributor
3,932 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overwhelmed by Menus

Queen of Sheba for dinner - Ethopian tried it loved it.

Would def be on my list as would Carmines cause that place has some good memories and great portions!

Not sure about the third.

We're not in to posh places just value for money :)

Central Village...
Level Contributor
18,045 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Overwhelmed by Menus

Well - it depends what area of the city you are in - when I visit - we usually do not do any preplanning for lunch and/or dinner just go with the flow.

There are so many choices in NYC when we are walking the streets and see something that looks interesting we check the menu (most places post menus outside) and go for it.

Or ask someone in the hotel what their favorite local establishment is for dining.

You are not going to go hungry in NYC and if you need a couple of names for lunch and dinner - CIBO corner of 42 and 2nd avenue and LeZie on 7th between 21st and 22nd Streets.

Poppa

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overwhelmed by Menus

My favourite meals were

Lunch

Pizza at Grimaldis Brooklyn (no slices)

Hamburger Heaven on Lexington

Dinner

Cite (soon to close, sob sob)

Pooket (Thai)

Carmines

Mentioned in this post
Brooklyn
Brooklyn
New York
Durham
Level Contributor
3,932 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overwhelmed by Menus

Breakfasts - try Big Daddy's www.bigdaddysnyc.com yum!!

USA
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Overwhelmed by Menus

Thanks for the quick replies!! I like the idea of eating at some pre-planned restaurants on some on a whim. Should I make reservations for any restaurant if i know we for sure want to eat there? or could we just show up and get a table? We'll be there for a Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday night.

Thanks again!!

Durham
Level Contributor
3,932 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overwhelmed by Menus

I never make reservations mainly cause if one place is full there's another on my list I can go to, plus I never go to the 'in' restaurants.....if there's a restaurant that you *have* to go to then I'd book :)

7. Re: Overwhelmed by Menus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 02:19