We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new york in April Hotel

bks
sydney
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
new york in April Hotel

Can someone recommend a reasonably priced hotel near time square. I will be traveling in april with my teenage son.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new york in April Hotel

Please tell us your budget, what is reasonable to some is expensive to others.

bks
sydney
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new york in April Hotel

Anything at about $100 for the room.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
475 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new york in April Hotel

Is that 100 Australian Dollars or US? For 100 US I don't think you will get much near Times square.

Ann

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new york in April Hotel

For $100 I doubt you'll get anything in Manhattan, let alone near Time Square.

Budget options $100-$130:

www.chelsealodge.com

www.secondhomesecondavenue.com

www.bedandcoffee.com

The above all have shared bathrooms, but are clean and nice accommodations for the $$$

Slighly higher in budget $150ish + with own bathrooms check out

www.radiocityapartments.com (nearest to Time Sq)

www.thehotelnewton.com

www.cosmohotel.com

If you are happy to share a bed with your son you could also look at bidding on priceline.com

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,025 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new york in April Hotel

The only way to get something decent/safe for about $100/night is to try bidding on Priceline and that would only guarantee a room with 1 bed for 2 people. You might get lucky (if it's not a busy time and not a long stay) and get a winning bid of $120 plus tax which would come to about $138/night. For area near Times Square, you'd want midtown west area. By bidding a 4* hotel, people have been winning the NY Hotel, the Sheraton or the Times Square Hilton. If you don't know about Priceline, go to biddingfortravel.com or betterbidding.com

There are some centrally located hostels if you're prepared to share a bathroom. The Westside YMCA has some private rooms. YOu might have a look at hostelz.com for a list of hostels and reviews.

6. Re: new york in April Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 17:18