We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

let me clarify...

toronto
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Topic
let me clarify...

ok everyone....sorry for my vague posts...when you haven't travelled much, it's hard to have a "preference" for hotel type

my budget is $400 a night...

and i want a location that's good for tourists who only have from saturday morning to monday afternoon in april

it will be only my husband and i (hes 32, im 28)

we're not into clubs...our focus is more on daytime activities

hope this helps

thanx

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: let me clarify...

Instead of starting a new post, this comment would be more helpful on your other existing thread, because by itself it has no context.

Your price range is very high and there are many hotels that will fit the bill for you.

No hotel is near all the daytime tourist activities.

IN NYC hotel rooms tend to be small, bathrooms tend to be functional and not glam.

If you are looking for spaciousness, the Affinia 50 might be nice for you. If you are looking for something romantic, the Affinia Gardens has a lovely ambiance. If you are looking for fancy decor...there's the Benjamin or Michelangelo....

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: let me clarify...

Since it's your first time in New York, you may be best off staying in Midtown. If you follow the "New York City Hotels" link on the left side of the screen, you can browse through hotels by area. Click on "Midtown" and you'll see several that are in your price range. In fact, TA's #1 hotel is right there at the top and $400 a night--the Sofitel Times Square.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: let me clarify...

There is also the question of what "daytime activities" means.

Do you want to shop? Are you going to musuems and galleries? Do you just want to stroll around and look at neighborhoods? Do you plan on going to the theater, or to particular restaurants?

You have been asked repeatedly to give specific answers to specific questions, but in post after post you remain very vague and mysterious. If you make it difficult and frustrating to assist you, no one will continue to try -- while a little more assistance from you will get a lot more assistance from everyone here!

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: let me clarify...

The vagueness suggest you don''t really have any preferences so in such a case I'd say just pick your own hotel.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: let me clarify...

Well said - aje!!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,956 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: let me clarify...

If the Sofitel fits your budget, go there. Great location, very well regarded hotel.

For a bit less, the Michelangelo is a beautiful hotel and usually available on quikbook.com for $295-325. No views there but glamorous lobby and good sized rooms and bathrooms.

The Bryant Park Hotel is central but trendy. Check prices on quikbook and the hotels' own website. The City Club and the Chambers are also central/trendy.

The Elysee is a central location, smaller boutique hotel (more traditional) with some history. Omni Berkshire Place is also nice.

Make sure to look at "candid travelers photos" of anything you're considering.

7. Re: let me clarify...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 01:18