We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip to New York

Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a trip to New York

I am planning a trip to New York the end of April with my daughter for a graduation trip from Grade 12. Can you recommend a nice hotel with good food and nice rooms to stay at. We have never been to New York before. We would like to stay close to Times Square if it is reasonable.

We are going with another mom and her daughter.

Any suggestions and ideas as to what we can do while there would be very much appreciated.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip to New York

Peruse this collection of trip reports by families with teenagers. Great ideas!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k473200-… Collection_of_trip_reports_from_families_with_TEENAGERS-

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,970 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip to New York

You must tell us your budget and whether you intend on all sharing a room together. Btw, don't worry about good food in a hotel. Hotel food is generally pricey and not always good. There are hundreds of restaurants for eating. Hotels are best for sleeping. ;)

Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a trip to New York

I would like to keep the trip under $1000 for the two of us combined. I think that we would all like to have a separate room, that means two of us per room.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
584 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a trip to New York

Doog,

I think under $1000 is going to be hard, unless you are only coming for a couple of nights. I am going with my son for a graduation trip in May, and already, I've spent $450 on airfare and the room we booked for 4 nights at $199 a night at Radio City Apts is $925 with taxes and other charges.

Of course, I don't know if you're flying or if you're close enough to get there very cheaply, but I think hotel alone is going to take up most of that $1000. How long is it you will be staying for?

5. Re: Planning a trip to New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 01:18