We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood on the Upper East Side.

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Seafood on the Upper East Side.

Coming into the city friday for the weekend with our 3 kids (15, 12, 9). We are staying at the Regency on the East side. We are looking for a restaurant Friday evening where we can seafood, but also with other options for the kids. They are used to eating out and don't need a "kids" menu, just more variety than seafood for them. Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood on the Upper East Side.

Near your hotel (the Regency is Park and 61st, right?) is a nice little French bistro called Sel et Poivre; they serve very good fish and have many other things for non-seafood folks. It's on Lexington b/t 64th and 65th.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,535 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood on the Upper East Side.

Park Avenue Cafe has a pay your age dinner (the kids will be $25 each). Not all seafood, but several seafood choices.

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood on the Upper East Side.

the concierge at the Regency recommended Scalinatella. I checked menupages and it gets good reviews. the menu appears small, which I find is often better. Anyone familiar with this establishment?

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seafood on the Upper East Side.

Atlantic Grill

1341 Third Ave., New York, NY 10021

at 77th St.

212-988-9200

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seafood on the Upper East Side.

Atlantic Grill

at 77th St.

212-988-9200

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seafood on the Upper East Side.

Atlantic Grill

at 77th St.

212-988-9200

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seafood on the Upper East Side.

If you are staying in the regency hotel on 61st and park, you are in a great hotel.I know because , I use to work there years ago in their kitchen, while attending culinary school.The food in your hotel itself, is excellent and we served seafood there as well.I did say it was a while ago but I am sure things did not change.anyone out there now anything new about the regency let us know, but when I worked there the food was excellent.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,535 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seafood on the Upper East Side.

Scalinatella is a nice restaurant, Italian with a fair amount of seafood, but it's more a date kind of place. Low lights, romantic, small. Not where I'd picture taking 3 kids. Atlantic Grill is a very good idea--big, buzzy, but it's farther from the hotel.

What about Tao? It's pretty close to the hotel, Asian with lots of seafood. The kids will be wowed by the decor.

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seafood on the Upper East Side.

The advantage to Northern Italian is the kids will always be happy to have some kind of pasta. I've found if we go early in evening, most places are fine for our family and the more "romance oriented" diners generally arrive later. I looked at Atlantic Grill also, looks good for my husband and I, not sure if there was enough variety for the kids. Tao was also recommended to us for Sat. Thanks for all the replies.

10. Re: Seafood on the Upper East Side.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 06:22