We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Marriott?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Which Marriott?

We have gift cards for Marriott and usually stay at the Downtown Marriott by One World trade/ Financial district. However, we are coming October 14-17 so Monday and tues won't be as quiet as when we come on the weekend. We mostly eat and shop in Lower manhattan. Looking at these choices now - familiar with locations - wondering about quality of these hotels

Marriott Downtown

Courtyard downtown

Courtyard Soho

Courtyard Chelsea

Thanks

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,240 Reviews
from US$89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Trade Center...
551 Reviews
from US$34.00*
2 replies to this topic
New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,264 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Marriott?

My vote is for Marriott Downtown. I've lived and worked in many different Manhattan neighborhoods. While Soho and Chelsea have a lot of cool stuff in walking distance (shops, restaurants, Washington Square Park, Chelsea Market, the High line) I've always felt walking around Downtown (by the waterways especially) is much nicer. I'm seriously thinking of moving back down there too. I think with the development of Westfield-

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

and Brookfield-

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

Shopping & dining in the downtown area has surpassed many other areas.

To make a long story even longer, you really will be ok with any of those choices, but in my (not so) humble opinion (and decades of history) - I would stay with Downtown.

USA
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
15,904 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Marriott?

The Courtyard Chelsea is actually midtown.

I like the Soho location.

Reply to: Which Marriott?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted