We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

newyork jets

scotland uk
Level Contributor
79 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
newyork jets

hi i am trying to work out how to get from the nesva hotel long island city to the metlife stadium on sunday the 15th of oct. so far i have got walk to 39th street and take the subway to queensbourogh plaza then change for the subway to penn station then change for subway to secauces junction is this right if not please HELP

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,239 Reviews
from US$89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Trade Center...
550 Reviews
from US$34.00*
8 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
21,644 posts
687 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: newyork jets

On the right side of the screen (non-mobile version) one of the Top Questions is "how do I get to the Meadowlands from NYC".

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
13,356 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: newyork jets

If you want to get to Penn Station from the 39th Avenue station you'll have to transfer trains. You cannot make this transfer at Queensborough Plaza. You can take any Manhattan bound train at 39th Avenue and change for a downtown 1,2 or 3 train at Times Square. Alternatively, you can just stay on your original train to 34th Street (& 6th Avenue) and walk west one block to Penn Station, whose main entrance is on 7th Avenue just south of 34th Street.)

Edited: 26 September 2017, 11:43
scotland uk
Level Contributor
79 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: newyork jets

i think i am having an off day as both of these things are like double dutch to me but thanks for replies i have taken photos and will show them to the other half of me who obviously has the brain maybe i need the idiots guide maybe it will seem easier when we are doing it still slightly aprehensive i have to say

so from what i can gather i get the subway at 39th avenue take that to penn station then change here for a subway to secauces

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
17,811 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: newyork jets

Here is the link to the thread mentioned above

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18,026 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: newyork jets

There is no subway to Secaucus. Secaucus is in New Jersey and the subway runs only in NYC. Once you get to Penn Station in NYC (NOT Newark Penn Station) you have to take a New Jersey Transit train to Secaucus.

USA
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
15,900 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: newyork jets

All you need is here:

www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv…

scotland uk
Level Contributor
79 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: newyork jets

thanks for all replies iam sure we will get there eventually lol if all else fails we will follow anyone with a green jets top on so excited to be visiting new york

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
13,356 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: newyork jets

Secaucus is not the station for the Meadlowlands. You take a NJ Transit train from New York Penn Station to Secaucus, and then transfer to a NJ Transit shuttle train to the stadium. You'll see lots of other people doing this. Just reverse this for your return trip.

Reply to: newyork jets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted