We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ice Hockey in New York in January

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ice Hockey in New York in January

Where can I watch an ice hockey game without paying too much

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,240 Reviews
from US$89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
551 Reviews
from US$34.00*
9 replies to this topic
Sweden
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ice Hockey in New York in January

Check out Ticketmaster. They sell tickets for Rangers (typically rather pricey) and Islanders to see if any tickets fit your budget. I haven't been to Barclays Center where Islanders play so I can't say if the cheaper tickets have a bit of obstructed views or not.

Boston...
Level Contributor
21,667 posts
686 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ice Hockey in New York in January

Depends on your definition of "too much".

There are 3 pro hockey teams and a few college hockey teams and there are probably some high school hockey teams as well. I'm sure at least one of those will fit your budget.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ice Hockey in New York in January

We are a family of five on a 5 day trip to NY and I would like to see a game but not fussed about the 'pro-standard', just want to see a couple of teams playing a decent game. I have seen there are a few teams at Chelsea Piers of an evening - would this fit my bill?

new york
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ice Hockey in New York in January

You also should check out the New Jersey Devils. You can get to their games easily by the PATH train. Tickets are available on ticketmaster.com

Boston...
Level Contributor
21,667 posts
686 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ice Hockey in New York in January

Chelsea Piers hockey is amateurs. Adults, kids, different leagues. You'll be unlikely to see anyone with much skill there.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ice Hockey in New York in January

You can get fairly cheap seats for the New York Islanders. Ticketmaster is your friend.

Boston...
Level Contributor
21,667 posts
686 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ice Hockey in New York in January

Jeanette is right. If you tell us your budget and dates we can give you solid answers instead of just wide ranging suggestions.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ice Hockey in New York in January

While I agree with Northern Traveler that the Chelsea Piers teams are amateur, it may fit your bill if you are just wanting to see the game played. There are some NYC high school teams (18U AA, 18UAAA) that are quite good, and the games at Chelsea Piers would be free. Are you looking just to see a decent game played, or for something more? Agree that dates would be helpful.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ice Hockey in New York in January

Your dates would be most helpful because some games might be more in demand.

The cheapest seats I can see that aren't resale for a random game for New York Islanders in January is $29 plus booking fee. This is really reasonable. Having been to see New York Rangers too and going to the Islanders in December the Islanders tickets are much cheaper and easier to get.

I see going to the hockey as being a night out as it's not just the game. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Reply to: Ice Hockey in New York in January
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted