We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radio City Apartments

Cedar Grove...
Level Contributor
81 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Radio City Apartments

Word of advice...I consistently read about people recommending the Radio City Apartments. If your timing is right, you might be able to reserve a room at this establishment however I have put in for reservations for countless nights between now and August and I keep getting no availability. I plan on visiting New York in June and have been checking on a daily basis and there have been no openings. Out of curiosity I started trying for random dates between now and August and it always comes back as not available. Am I not doing something correctly?

I would urge the regular experts to start recommending establishments that are a little more reliable as far as occupancy availability. It seems a waste of time to keep offering the same suggestion and wasting people's time trying to get a reservation at this spot.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Radio City Apartments

Some things are unavailable becasue they are popular and in demand, and they are popular and in demand because they are good. I am quite sure that one can always "rely" on the "availability" of, say, the Pennsylvania, but that is because the Pennsylvania is a dump that no one would make the mistake of staying in twice.

I would also urge you to reconsider just how polite it is to tell the regular experts that they are "wasting people's time" when they did not have even the slightest obligation whatsoever to volunteer, as they so generously do, so much of their time -- which is no less precious than your own -- to offer what is frequently valuable assistance to complete strangers.

Cedar Grove...
Level Contributor
81 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Radio City Apartments

Greenwhite...appropriately worded...my apologies to the experts for the wording...let me re-phrase...

The Radio City Apartments appear to be booked well into the summer months. Please keep that in mind when offering suggestions to people. Other suggestions would be appreciated so that people do not have to bother checking for availability at this facility.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
93 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Radio City Apartments

Hi

I am staying at the RCA last week in April I had to book last August to get the dates I wanted. Seems to be extremely popular.

Lancaster, South...
Level Contributor
134 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Radio City Apartments

I was able to get ressies for Aug. I guess I was lucky for the dates I wanted.

Cedar Grove...
Level Contributor
81 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Radio City Apartments

ok peegee...thanks for the confirmation on the difficulty of making a reservation at this spot. This should be included in anyone's recommendations!

Belfast N. Ireland
Level Contributor
322 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Radio City Apartments

packerman try emailing as sometimes there are cancellations and these do ot show online. Elaine

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Radio City Apartments

The experts here very frequently tell posters that RCA is very popular, and to book early. That's why I booked my June reservation at RCA in November! You may be able to get a room last minute, as people cancel a few days before they're due to check in. I'd call them directly instead of trying to book online.

US
Level Contributor
395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Radio City Apartments

we booked in January for July! I got a 1 bedroom for me and my family and as soon as I hit the confirm button on that, went back to try and get a 1 bedroom for sister and mom and none were left.

It does not have a lot of rooms to begin with!

I emailed Tina and told her I would keep checking to see if a 1 bedroom opened up for them and sure enough, after several weeks I was able to move them.

People cancel/change plans all the time so you just have to keep checking. It's popular, great location, great price and not that big so of course it's going to sell out!'

Keep checking!

Cedar Grove...
Level Contributor
81 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Radio City Apartments

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to reply. I started checking for June availability in February and it was booked, not only for the dates I was interested in but virtually the whole month. Curiosity got the better of me and I realized that Radio City apartments were booked for months and months in advance.

I appreciate the tips, knowledge, and expertise of those who contribute to this forum, and particularly for taking the time to do so. I have been closely following the forum on a daily basis as well as checking hotel availability at least 3 to 4 times a week so I'm not so much a stranger to both this site and what the New York lodging situation is.

Key to this forum is to be able to be as specific as possible with your inquiry. I missed any constant mention of the Radio City apartment 5-6 month advance booking necessity. As the local experts provide tips for what are reputable establishments and sometimes give out rates, hopefully there is some enlightenment now pertaining to availability!

Austin
Level Contributor
146 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Radio City Apartments

I booked a month ago for September. What worked for me is putting in for a reservation for the whole month. Then a calendar shows up with each type of room and what days are available. Then you can go back and put in your actual dates, knowing what room is available when. Of course, this only works if you are flexible with dates. Most weekends were already booked, so I was confined to a studio with 2 twins if I wanted a whole week. Has anyone ever had one of these types of rooms?