We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broadway seating Mary Poppins

New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
602 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Broadway seating Mary Poppins

Travelling this summer with my 11-year-old daughter...we want to see "Mary Poppins" and are looking for advice on seating.

Which is better...center orchestra (almost to the back of the section) or center 1st balcony row. She is concerned (based upon past expereience in different theatres) about being high enough to see the stage in orchestra...which is better?

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broadway seating Mary Poppins

Since no one else chimed in I'll give my 2 cents, as we just saw the show this weekend... I would recommend first row balcony or mezzanine over far back in the orchestra, especially with kids. There are some special effects (don't want to ruin anything) that would probably not play as well further back under the overhang. We were third row mezzanine, and did not have much knee room, but the view was fine.

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Broadway seating Mary Poppins

I just saw the show last Saturday and was in the first balcony, center, row three. There is a bar that runs across the first row, so if your daughter is short, I would worry about that marring her view. I was very happy with my seat; it seemed to be just right for capturing the entire stage, and especially the special effect at the end! (My lips are sealed.) I did take my opera glasses to occasionally get closeups, but again, I was very pleased with the front balcony. (There was no leg room up there either; the theater was built when people were smaller on average.) Have a great trip. You will love the show!

sarnia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Broadway seating Mary Poppins

We just returned from a 4 day trip to nyc and saw Mary Poppins, with our 16 year daughter, We all LOVED it. We had orchestra side tickets 6 rows from the stage and the view was great. Even being on the complete side we didn't miss anything. If i had a choice i would pick being close and on the side rather than in the center.

New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
602 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broadway seating Mary Poppins

Many thanks for the suggestions and feedback! Will be buying tickets in the next day or so, and my daughter (1st trip to NYC) is so excited that she can't stand it!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broadway seating Mary Poppins

For this show especially, the balcony.

6. Re: Broadway seating Mary Poppins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 01:20