We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NewYears Eve Celebrations Midtown East?

Forestville...
Level Contributor
208 posts
93 reviews
NewYears Eve Celebrations Midtown East?

I'm noticing online, that a lot of the New Year's eve parties are on the west side of Manhattan. Does anyone know of any New Year's Eve celebrations on the east side near Grand Central Station in the mid 40s? Something that is classy, all ages not just millennial's, champagne at midnight, hors derves would be nice but not necessary.

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,283 Reviews
from US$89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
148 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
554 Reviews
from US$34.00*
8 replies to this topic
New York, New York
Level Contributor
14,063 posts
115 reviews
1. Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations Midtown East?

Why does it have to be on the East Side?

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9,488 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations Midtown East?

I'm unclear about what you mean by "New Year's Eve parties." What I think you will mostly find in east midtown is bars that may be doing something special (music,etc.) and/or restaurants doing something special (special meal, music, ec). Some of the hotels (Hyatt, Barclay, W) may be doing big parties but I think that is mostly a thing of the past -- i.e., he days when Guy Lombardo and his band played at the Waldorf. Also, there isn't much in the way of "clubs" in east midtown. Perhaps you could be a bit more specific about the type of place you're looking for?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
3. Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations Midtown East?

I thought Guy Lombardo was at the ballroom of the Roosevelt. Don't know if they do events anymore, but it sounds like something at a hotel may be what the OP is looking for. Have you checked to see what the Carlyle Hotel has available. Think they have different options and it would be a simple subway ride away.

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9,488 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations Midtown East?

Well one thing is for sure -- Guy Lombardo is dead (for quite some time), along with a lot of his fans.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,609 posts
48 reviews
5. Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations Midtown East?

I Know! I'm kind of surprised at people referencing someone who died 40 years ago in a discussion of 2017 New Years Eve parties. I'm thinking the OP might be looking for a bit of a different demographic lol.

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9,488 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations Midtown East?

clarionsociety.org/events/2017-18-season/rus…

I know this isn't a party, and likely won't interest you, but someone else looking for something (unusual) to do NYE might be interested in this musical event at the Russian Orthodox cathedral on the Upper East Side. Could always go out to eat/drink after.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
7. Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations Midtown East?

The "they" I referenced was the Roosevelt Hotel...because, well, they like most large hotels do events. Has the history. I guess I couldn't imagine who wouldn't grasp that.

I'm kind of surprised that someone wants to use the board for sniping. What purpose does that serve?

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
22 reviews
8. Re: NewYears Eve Celebrations Midtown East?

I think Upstairs (the rooftop bar at the Kimberly Hotel) might suit. Their website gives a phone number or email for tickets - doesn't indicate if they are still available.

http://www.upstairsnyc.com/index.php

Reply to: NewYears Eve Celebrations Midtown East?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted