We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle service from LGA airport

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shuttle service from LGA airport

Any recommendations on a shuttle service from LGA airport to the Manhattan cruise terminal. How long would the trip take on a Tuesday? Any ideas on pricing?

Thanks for your help.

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,246 Reviews
from US$89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
552 Reviews
from US$34.00*
5 replies to this topic
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
13,393 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle service from LGA airport

What terminal does your flight arrive at? If it's Terminal B, the main terminal, you'd have to take a shuttle bus to the pickup point. So for that terminal a taxi will definitely be better.

What time Tuesday do you arrive? Are you arriving the same day as your cruise departs? That's always somewhat risky.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,216 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle service from LGA airport

Shared van airport shuttles are all terrible in NYC. There are so many other transportation options and I think that's part of the reason why the shared van shuttles are so awful.

Most people don't go straight from the airport to the cruise terminal so I doubt there is enough demand for that route to have a dedicated shuttle. What if your flight is late or canceled? Many people want to come in the day before and stay overnight.

If you decide to risk flying the same day as your cruise departs, I would just take a taxi to the cruise terminal. Go to the official taxi stand outside your airport terminal. Ignore anyone approaching you offering some other type of taxi or car. Those rides are illegal and people have had terrible experiences of being intimidated into overpaying after unknowingly accepting the ride from a convincing tout.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle service from LGA airport

Thanks for your responses. Can you give a rough idea on how much a taxi from the airport to the Manhattan cruise terminal would cost. We are expected to arrive at LGA at approx 10 am on the morning of our cruise departure. Cruise departure time is 6 pm

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
9,032 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle service from LGA airport

I'd say $40. It's only 11 miles or so. And the worst traffic part is getting from 2nd Avenue to 12th Avenue, i.e. those last 2 miles. The first 9 miles should not be too bad. But I assume you don't have to be there before 4 PM, and even if your plane is 4 hours late, you will be fine.

New York, New York
Level Contributor
13,809 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle service from LGA airport

Can you drop your luggage at the ship or do you need a place to store it?

Reply to: Shuttle service from LGA airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted