We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assistance with Hotel choice in NY

Townsville...
Level Contributor
118 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Assistance with Hotel choice in NY

We have narrowed down our hotels to the following and would appreciate your thoughts on them please. We will be in NY from 6-11.2018 and we need 2 rooms for 4 people with each person having their own bed.

The Manhattan at Times Square - standard 2 double

The Washington Squate Hitel - twin or quad

Radio City Apartments - studio with 2 twin/double bed

Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South - 2 double beds

Thanks

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,240 Reviews
from US$89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
551 Reviews
from US$34.00*
10 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
686 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Assistance with Hotel choice in NY

The Manhattan at Times Square is dirty and not well rated. We used to stay there and watched the standards drop which is why first Sheraton took their name off and then Starwood kicked them out of the program.

I haven't stayed at the others

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
13,360 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Assistance with Hotel choice in NY

Although you've given the days for your visit you haven't given the month

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,010 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Assistance with Hotel choice in NY

I agree I'd eliminate the Manhattan at TS as not being clean enough or well maintained. Then you,re left with 3 options. 2, Radio City and Hampton Inn are in midtown, the more typical location choice for first time visitors in walking distance of Times Square, Central Park, a Fifth Ave. Radio City apts. are like apts. with kitchenettes and a bit more space but the building is old and it,s more like serviced apts. if you're here for any length of time, having the kitchen is quite handy for breakfasts, snacks and the occasional take away meal. The Hampton Inn is a newer building and all Hampton Inns include breakfast. The Washington Square hotel is another oldie and located smack dab ATM Washington Square Park. The location is charming, the area more local and a lot less touristy. All 3 are pictured on

Oyster.com

although it says that Hampton Inn has been updated since their photos. I think it depends on your own travel styles/preferences.

Edited: 17 December 2017, 14:46
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,010 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Assistance with Hotel choice in NY

Tracey, I went back to your original thread with exact dates and budget. While there's absolutely nothing wrong with the 3 hotels you now have, I see a number of options that would be somewhat nicer, especially if you're willing to prepay now. The Beacon Hotel is a forum favorite and is $247/night plus tax on Expedia and a few other sites for a standard studio suite with 2 double beds and $269 plus tax for a deluxe studio with 2 doubles..prepaid, non-cancelable. Worth considering, especially if any of you are Museum goers. Very close to AMNH and across he Park from the Met and many others.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
118 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Assistance with Hotel choice in NY

Sorry dates are 6-10 November 2018

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,010 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Assistance with Hotel choice in NY

And did you read what I wrote?

Townsville...
Level Contributor
118 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Assistance with Hotel choice in NY

nywhiz I’m not sure if your last post was for me but I did read what you wrote and your information is very helpful thank you very much. My reference to the dates was for AudenHoggert.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,010 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Assistance with Hotel choice in NY

It was for you. Since you made no mention of my comments I didn't know if you'd,read it.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
118 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Assistance with Hotel choice in NY

Thanks to all who have replied to date I do appreciate it 😊

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Assistance with Hotel choice in NY

Another vote for The Beacon Hotel in UWS. Stayed there several times and really enjoyed it. However, I would book directly with the hotel on their website for best rates and options.

https://www.beaconhotel.com

Edited: 18 December 2017, 06:27
Reply to: Assistance with Hotel choice in NY
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted