We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to attend a concert at Brooklyn Steel

2 posts
Save Topic
Is it safe to attend a concert at Brooklyn Steel

Hello, my teenage kids want to drive with a bunch of friends to Brooklyn to attend a concert over the summer at Brooklyn Steel. Can anyone tell me if this is a safe area? I am not at all familiar with Brooklyn and am very concerned about safety.

5 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
4,315 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe to attend a concert at Brooklyn Steel

Yes, the area is fine (seriously, the most dangerous part is a bunch of teenage kids in a car). To further put your mind at ease, you can expect there to be a ton of people around both before and after the event.

A note - I’ve only been there via public transportation, so don’t know what the parking situation is like.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
476 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe to attend a concert at Brooklyn Steel

I've been to Brooklyn steel a couple of times. The parking situation isn't the best in terms of availability and there are no lots. Personally, I'd rather take public transportation because it's easier than trying to look for parking in that area, but the people I've been with usually have wanted to drive. We've had to park quite a ways away and walk.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16,630 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it safe to attend a concert at Brooklyn Steel

Where are these teenage girls driving from? How old are they? Are they going to spend the night in the city? These are the issues that would concern me more as a parent.

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it safe to attend a concert at Brooklyn Steel

Good question WEQueen. They are all boys - age 19 (some almost 20 by concert date). Have not hear about them staying over yet but it's a question since they are driving from MA/RI area although I believe 1 has a relative in Manhattan so that's an option hopefully.

Chicago, Illinois
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it safe to attend a concert at Brooklyn Steel

It all depends on their maturity. At 18, I was travelling Europe alone with friends. I would say definitely safe, but I have met some very immature 20 yo (no offense intended). If they all have cell phones in case of getting lost or feeling uneasy they should be fine.

I feel safer in NYC than in my midwestern major city.

Reply to: Is it safe to attend a concert at Brooklyn Steel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted