We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Ticketmaster.com

Stafford, UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Ticketmaster.com

Hi

I have bought 2 tickets for Mary Poppins from Ticketmaster.com.

However I cannot attend. I would have been picking them up at the box office but our trip has been cancelled now.

Am I right in thinking they will not refund me unless they cancel the event. They were a lot of money .

Thank you

Sarah

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Ticketmaster.com

Sorry your trip was cancelled. That has to be a real bummer.

Under Ticketmaster's official policies, there is nothing they can do for you, ("No Refund/NoExchage") - but it wouldn't hurt to contact them and explain the situation and your location. Maybe you can get a sympathetic manager on line and he will arrange a refund. If the show is hot enough they can resell the tickets and double their commission (or "convenience fees," which you will not get back under any circumstances.)

Another option is to contact the theater directly and see if you can get in touch with the manager and explain the situation. I don't know if they can help you directly or not, but maybe the manager can give you some options. One possibilty is for you to arrange to sell the tickets to another party and have the theater change the "will call" name. (But selling tickets as "will call" may be a tough sell considering the number of internet scams that occurr these days.)

Other than that, I'm not sure there is much that can be done.

While I think you may be stuck, it never hurts to ask... The worst they can do is say "Sorry, I can't help you."

Hopefully someone else will have better suggestions. In any event - Good luck!!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Ticketmaster.com

Post the tickets on craigslist for new york city, or ebay.The craigslist is a free ad.I think they will not refund the tickets unless they cancel the event! try to sell the tickets if you can! sorry you can't make it!

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Ticketmaster.com

If you worked out if you could claim on your travel insurance or not for the cancellation of the holiday you may also be able to claim those back through it - not sure but worth checking out?

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Ticketmaster.com

Call ticketmaster. While they say no exchange, they obliged us when I needed to change our ticket dates for Wicked in Chicago, no fees or problems.

If the agent you get isn't helpful, make sure you don't give your confirmation number (so they can note it on your booking) just hang up and call again, maybe next time you'll be luckier.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Ticketmaster.com

I just saw your other post regarding the reason for the cancellation. I am so sorry to hear about your father in law.

My Dad had bypass surgery many years ago and it made a huge difference in the rest of his life.

While cancelling the trip is not fun, if you really have no other options it's understandable. I wish you all the luck in getting the various companies to refund your money. Tell them the reason and it may help.

6. Re: Help with Ticketmaster.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 19:17