We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

browning up two milk bottles

u.k.
Level Contributor
181 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
browning up two milk bottles

Hi this is not really a trip question as such..but as seasoned travellers you all should be able to come up with the answer.

We are traveling to NY next week where we will be attending a couple of black tie events..

Being from the UK my wife and daughter look like a couple of milk bottles and are dreading wearing the evening gowns.

Its too late to work on their tans( they would'nt anyway ..they are far too fair and burn easily) has any one any idea of good false tan products which are effective and don't leave them like two packs of streaky bacon!

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
475 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: browning up two milk bottles

Have they thought about going for one of the spray on tans. From what I hear they are quite good. I think a lot of places offer them now. Can't remember the name of them though. Just Google for spray tan and loads of options come up.

Ann

liverpool
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: browning up two milk bottles

Hi,

I can vouch for the st tropez spray tans they are very good,and really effective!

New York
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: browning up two milk bottles

There is a tanning salon called Portofino on 58th between Madison and Park. They do spray tanning there as well.

212 355-2772

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
414 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: browning up two milk bottles

Frederik Fekkai (in the Henri Bendel building at 712 Fifth Avenue between 55th and 56th Street) does an amazing exfoliation and tanning lotion application. While they're there, they can get their hair and makeup done as well for the events.

Their phone number is 1.212.753.9500.

In looking at the spa menu (I'm a regular there) the costs are as follows:

"Le Soleil du Midi" : This service begins with an all over natural enzyme exfoliation followed by the smooth, even application of self bronzer for a safe, bronzed glosw on your body and face $110 for 60 minutes.

Blowdry about $65

Makeup application $65

Updo (does not include blow dry) from $100

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: browning up two milk bottles

I was curious about your message's subject heading... very funny.

Anyway, pale is definitely in nowadaways. Especially with all the dangers of tanning beds and the streaky bacon look of cream products. I say GO PALE!

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: browning up two milk bottles

I'm with Bettina. Pale is beautiful!

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: browning up two milk bottles

I used to work for St Tropez so am maybe biased but it is the best product I've found that leaves you with a natural looking tan (I no longer work for them or am associated with them just in case you think I'm plugging them!) It's more popular here in the UK tho than in the states.

u.k.
Level Contributor
181 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: browning up two milk bottles

Thank you for your tips..pale is indeed beautiful and I would not have them any other way..given a choice, but they are insistant on some kind of false tan.

We will be looking at the St Tropez product, probaly in the UK. and I presume you spray this on yourself rather than in a tanning salon...will likely have a very enjoyable job to do shortly.( for my wife!)

liverpool
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: browning up two milk bottles

Mik,sorry to spoil your fun but there are salons that spray it on for you to ensure it is even!

Sorry :)

u.k.
Level Contributor
181 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: browning up two milk bottles

Oh so this st tropez has to be applied at a salon and is not available somewhere like Boots? :(