We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Flights to NY

glasgow
Level Contributor
270 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Flights to NY

Hi we are thinking about going to New York for a week Oct/Nov and wondered what airline to use for cheap flights-grateful for any advice. thanks

waterford ireland
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Flights to NY

I think Continental fly from Glasgow. You may also be able to use Aer Lingus & Fly via Dublin having cleared immigration in Dublin which will save some time once you reach NY.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,563 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Flights to NY

I just booked for November with dialaflight.co.uk

cheapflights.co.uk is another good site but it might be a bit early for them.

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Flights to NY

I know a guy that works for dialaflight ange - got my last two flights from there at a good price.

Lilac - if you're willing to travel to Liverpool have a look at flyglobespan.com they were offering cheap flights. From Scotland, direct you are limited to just continental I believe, it may be worthwhile getting to London and trying American as they often have a good sale on?

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,563 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Flights to NY

Now you tell me Lou!

Lilac, I've found it works out cheaper flying to London and getting a flight from there, even than flying direct from somewhere closer to me (like Manchester etc.)

glasgow
Level Contributor
270 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Flights to NY

Thanks Guys, I'll give those sites a try-anyone know how far in advance flights go on sale?

6. Re: Cheap Flights to NY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 08:24