We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need ideas for tonight in NYC w/ my teenage son

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
959 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Need ideas for tonight in NYC w/ my teenage son

I am in NYC right now with my 16 year old son. We are having a blast. Went to see Avenue Q last night - it was great.

Looking for ideas for the next 2 nights. Any thoughts? Should we go see another play? If so, which one and what is the easiest way to get tickets. Thanks for your help.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need ideas for tonight in NYC w/ my teenage son

How about Spamalot? Perfecto for 16 year old!. See if it is available at the TKTS booths.

Stomp or BLue Man Group would be fun, too.

What about some music. Cafe Wha is fun for all ages,, and you will enjoy Greenwich Village - www.cafewhat.com

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
584 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need ideas for tonight in NYC w/ my teenage son

My 18 year old son and I are coming next month and have tickets for Avenue Q. Glad to hear you both enjoyed it! We are also going to see about Spamalot tickets and he would like to go to a comedy club too. Not sure if that is something your son would enjoy or not, but there are many to choose from in Times Square and other areas.

There's a Queen tribute at B B King's tonight. Show starts at 8:30, doors open at 8:00. It's general admission, and tickets are $9 in advance, $12 at the door. B B King's is at 237 W. 42nd St between 8th & 9th Aves.

Have a great time!

long island, ny
Level Contributor
264 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need ideas for tonight in NYC w/ my teenage son

If you can get tickets to Blueman Group, it is a lot of fun. I think perfect for a 16 y/o boy. When I went ,I saw people buying tickets at the door. Glad you are having a blast. How could you not? You're in NY!!

chicago
Level Contributor
814 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need ideas for tonight in NYC w/ my teenage son

I second Cafe Wha, Bob Dylan got his start there. Really loud and lots of fun!

5. Re: Need ideas for tonight in NYC w/ my teenage son

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 19:19