We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals and Cropped pants??

California
3 posts
Save Topic
Sandals and Cropped pants??

Is it too early in NY for sandals and cropped pants?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals and Cropped pants??

No, people are already in shorts & Tshirts

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals and Cropped pants??

Well, it was in the 30s this morning. Don't be too hasty! I saw a woman on the subway with sandals, and her poor feet were blue.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals and Cropped pants??

IMO it is definitely too early for sandals and cropped pants. I have needed a wool coat and scarf the last two days. This past weekend was beautiful (70's) but still comfortable to wear long pants and closed shoes with sort sleeved shirt. I usually don't break out the sandals and cropped pants until June.

California
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals and Cropped pants??

Darn - I was hoping to get by with less/lighter bags - Shoes and jackets take up so much room. I was also planning to take only light jackets - maybe I need to rethink my travel wardrobe. Thanks for the responses

Appley Bridge...
Level Contributor
624 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals and Cropped pants??

Just last week I was in cropped pants and flip flops. But today I'm in wool pants again - although my winter coat is gone for the season if favor of a jean jacket. These next few weeks are going to be back and forth between chilly and warm so it's a little hard for any of us to say what we should expect. I think you're going to have to pack for both kinds of weather.

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals and Cropped pants??

Thank you everybody, especially eastcoastgirl.I am coming out on Friday and am in the process of packing my bags. I have read conflicting reports on the weather and was panicking on just what to bring, you have helped me make up my mind and that's one of the many reasons why I love this forum. I have read all the advice and can't wait to try the pastrami at Carnegies (thanks to Bettina!)

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals and Cropped pants??

My experience is that the weather is unpredictable, especially in the spring. Bring sandals and cropped pants but also bring layers to keep you warm enough should the sun refuse to shine.