We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which comedy club?

Bay Area, California
Level Contributor
205 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Which comedy club?

We're picking a comedy club to go to for a night, any recommendations?....Carolines, HA!, Improve, or Laugh Factory?

Woodburn, OR
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which comedy club?

I have checked this out myself...I think you should include Dangerfield's on your list. Most of the clubs seem to announce their talent on the day of the show. I have read that comedians at Caroline's like to insult audience members, something I don't care for. I personnaly am going to wait until I get to NYC to decide on which club on which day. Good luck!

Michigan
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which comedy club?

A group of us went to HA! back in March 2004. We had a great time! A couple of the comedians were from VH1's The Best Week Ever. I think entrance was free of charge but had a 2 drink minimum. Can't really remeber were exactly it was located, but surrounded by lots of little resturants. Maybe by Restaurant Row? Haven't been to any others, but have heard Carolines is great. Have a great time in NYC :)

illinois
Level Contributor
53 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which comedy club?

I have been to Caroline's several times and have always had a great experience. Have not experienced comics insulting audience members? but anything is possible on the right night. It does book up, so make a reservation in advance. You get priority seating if you eat there before the show. They have a website with the schedule of who will be there.

Bay Area, California
Level Contributor
205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which comedy club?

Thanks everyone for you input. We'll check all of the the schedules closer to our departure date. Hubby heard of Carolines, but that's about all. We'll look into Dangerfield as well.

Labrador
Level Contributor
133 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which comedy club?

I've thought about taking in a comedy club on my trip as well, and the Comedy Cellar has free admission if you book online. It's supposed to be good. Here's the website:

www.comedycellar.com