We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steak that won't break the bank

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,598 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Steak that won't break the bank

The new Landmarc restaurant at the Time Warner building on Columbus Circle serves a very nice selection of affordable steaks. Each comes with fries and field greens.

My fave: Hangar. I really like this cut and had a terrific one at the other Landmarc in Tribeca.

To see the whole Landmarc menu (for both locations) go to menupages.com. Also, how can you not want to visit a restaurant that also has an affordable wine list and serves cotton candy to the kids?

Yeah, I'm swooning. After a disaapointing meal at Porter House, I can't wait to check out the new Landmarc.

From menupages:

Hangar $26.00; Strip $28.00; Skirt $23.00; Filet Mignon $34.00; and Rib Eye $34.00.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,137 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Steak that won't break the bank

Thanks for the tip, Voy. When you do go, please post back and let us know what it was like.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Steak that won't break the bank

This sounds great! I like hearing about restaurant's that are kid friendly and affordable.

We will all be waiting for your report on the new Landmarc.I especially with 6 children would like to show my kids nice places to eat in Manhattan. Especially if they hear about the cotton candy.I will be the best mom on earth (lol).

I checked out the menu nice variety of foods.

I think I am going to try grilled skirt steak salad with gorgonzola chimichurri vinaigrette dressing

Another dish that caught my eye in the pasta

Orrechiette alla norciha.I love that and make it at home often.

Brunch menu looks good. mussles, sound great also.

Thanks for the tip!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Steak that won't break the bank

Thanks Voy, looks yummy. Will add to my (ever expanding!!) list

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Steak that won't break the bank

Good to know there's an affordable steak joint. As if I needed any extra places to add to my to-eat list!

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Steak that won't break the bank

I read the name of this thread, and the first thing that crossed my mind was "Don't tell me someone is going to recommend Tad's..." ;o)

Stuck in North Texas
Level Contributor
729 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Steak that won't break the bank

I'm adding this to my list too! But I have to admit, I don't know what cut the Hangar steak is - we usually get a filet for me and my husband gets a rib eye. Is that a new cut? Or just a different name for another steak?

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Steak that won't break the bank

A Hangar is a thick strip steak it is a cut between the rib and the loin.It can be on the tough side if it is not marinated or made to be like shoe leather LOL

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Steak that won't break the bank

Brahmama,

Here is a good definition of hanger steak, from no less of an expert than Lobel's Butcher Shop:

http://lobels.com/store/main/item.asp?item=25

Like they say, no one should let you order it to be cooked more than medium rare.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Steak that won't break the bank

Ok now with all this talk about steak, and the nice weather today and this weekend it is time now time for a bbq tonight.Guess what it is going to be! Steak????What kind ?I have not decided.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,598 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Steak that won't break the bank

I like the flavor of Hangar steak. It has depth like sirloin, more flavor than filet mignon.

Some cuts of steak are better for rare or medium rare, and others lend themselves okay for medium to well done. As has been noted, Hangar is very good medium rare, but not medium or well.