We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions on Edison hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,808 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Opinions on Edison hotel.

We are looking for a hotel near times square for 5 nights starting 14th Sept.Normally we would stay in the Time Hotel,but the rates are high,$349 a night.

We can get the Edison for $995 with travelocity,by paying in full up front which is not a problem as our dates are set in stone.

What are the locals and those who have stayed there opnions on this hotel.

The reviews are mixed,some good some bad.

Or if you have any other options for around $250 a night taxes inc.in the area we would appreciate them.

Thanks in advance.

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
352 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinions on Edison hotel.

I know the reviews are mixed. My family has used this hotel for quite a few years. We have had "girls get away" and also celebrated a few birthdays in NYC at the Edison. June 2nd I will be there again with a class reunion group of 12 ladies.

We have been fortuneate to find the rooms clean and adequate- - - -

that is all we ask. I f we were staying on Central Park at twice the nightly rate we might expect a decorator touch. The bathrooms are "standard"- - - -not necessarily the brand, but a bit small in size, with average shower, sink etc there. You have to remember that this is an older hotel, so the hallways aren't spaceous. And, there is no roomservice if I recall. There are good delis nearby, Starbucks accross the street. You won't starve. The best thing about the Edison, in addition to lower rates, is how very near it is to Times Square. When we ladies go out to the theatre, we can easily walk. And there are some good restaurants nearby. The TKTS kiosk is nearby, for low theatre tickets, and subway entrances are not that distant either.

I am hoping our good luck will hold on our upcoming trip there.

You can spend double the amount and still have some "glitches".

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,808 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinions on Edison hotel.

Thanks jmet, in New York we literally sleep and shower in our room.

Lack of room service,restaurant,bars etc.are irrelevant to us.

All we ask is a clean safe room,in a good area.

We are extremely low maintenance when it comes to hotels in new york.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opinions on Edison hotel.

Great Location, right in times square, hotel is nice, helpful staff, clean, good sized rooms and the cafe there is lovely for breakfast!

Level Contributor
1,621 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Opinions on Edison hotel.

It gets bad reviews, and many claim it is not clean. I'd look elsewhere.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,148 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opinions on Edison hotel.

And some reviews mentioned mice in the rooms. My suggestion--read the reviews posted here under "hotels". It will help you come to an informed decision.

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Opinions on Edison hotel.

I've used the Edison twice before and will be back again in June this year and have no complaints! The rooms are clean and comfortable and the sheets and towels are changed daily. Sure, the rooms are small, but then we only use them for sleeping so size doesn't matter!

7. Re: Opinions on Edison hotel.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 02:20