We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

? about NY Party Shuttle

Vadnais Heights...
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
? about NY Party Shuttle

I've been enjoying reading all the posts here and planning our August- 4 day trip. Just wondering about the highly reccommened NY party shuttle. What sites does it stop at? Do you get opportunities to get lots of pictures taken of the top attractions they're showing? Is doing the Staten Island Ferry a good way to get pictures of The Statue of Liberty or should we include a circle line cruise, too? One more question...would this tour be fun for an 18 year old?

Real New York Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Free Tours by Foot
Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Night Tours, Food Tours
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - New York
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
NYC Horse Carriage Rides
Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,947 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ? about NY Party Shuttle

If you go to the NYpartyshuttle.com website it clearly lists the places you see and also indicates where you stop. Here's a list of the places you get off the bus

newyorkpartyshuttle.com/new-york-attractions…

I think only you can decide whether you got close enough to the statue or whether you'd like to do some other kind of boat trip. In addition to the Circle Line cruises, there are lots of other boat trips including the nywatertaxi.com and sail-nyc.com that will get you closer to the Statue. In August when temperatures are high, a cruise can be a nice way to cool off.

I think the tour would be fun for an 18 yr. old, but it depends on his/her interests. Kingofnyc.com is another option.

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,817 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ? about NY Party Shuttle

http://www.newyorkpartyshuttle.com/ There are details of the stops on their webpage.

You can get great pictures of the Statue of Liberty from the SI Ferry, but you don't get close up so the zoom on the camera comes into it's own there.

I've done the Circle Line cruises a couple of times and really enjoyed them. I think an 18 year old would appreciate what you see.

chicago
Level Contributor
814 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ? about NY Party Shuttle

If you are crunched for time, this is a great tour. You take the Staten Island ferry so you get to see SOL and the skyline. This tour is part walking, thru financial district, WTC etc. The tour guides are friendly and knowledged. You will learn alot of the history of NY. My 16 year-old loved it where as my 7 and 9 year old didn't even get off the bus after a while....It was too long for them and it was the day we arrived so they were beat. But it is a great way to get the lay of the land (in your head) s you can go explore furthur on your own. well worth the money, and don't forget to tip the tour guide appropiately. People forget and they rely on tips. They offer soft drinks on board and have potty breaks. It was a heat wave when we were there, first week of Aug so be prepared for HEAT! You will find people selling water all over the streets if its that hot. Have a great time!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ? about NY Party Shuttle

We did the NY Party Shuttle with our 13-year-old, and while she is younger than your child, the tour was enjoyed by all 3 of us. The tour guide was great, we did get a good combination of riding-getting out, and we were thrilled that the tour took us across to Brooklyn where we were able to stop for great pix across the river of Manhattan, and even time for ice cream at the fabulous Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory! We also stopped at a Ground Zero observation point, and our tour guide gave us lots of colorful history and NY lore we wouldn't have gotten any other way. Enjoy!

5. Re: ? about NY Party Shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 02:17