We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestion/request to ny experts

Delhi
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
suggestion/request to ny experts

Hi Sticky and all ny experts!

The forum rocks!! We are visiting in july and i have managed to get all the info that i needed from the forum. The trouble is I'm finding it difficult to put it together. I wouldnt know how much time each attraction might take etc and other practical aspects. I wanted to suggest to you experts to make sample itienaries and post them on the forum, just like your list of restaurants. I know its a tough call as everyone has different needs but from what i read, mostly everyone wants to do the usual....ESB, TOTR,SOL, Broadway, shopping etc. So how about putting something together for first timers like me and seeing how readers like it.

You can probably start with 4 or 5 days or whatever you feel is the min. time needed for basic sights and readers can modify according to their needs.Whatsay???

Either way, do respond coz i hate to see 0 against my post!

Thanks in advance

Corner Bookstore
Gift & Speciality Shops
kate spade
Gift & Speciality Shops
Zabar's
Gift & Speciality Shops
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestion/request to ny experts

I wouldn't want you to see a 0!

Here's a link to the official NYC tourism page that contains suggested itineraries:

www.nycvisit.com/content/index.cfm…

Basically, you can just plot your own. Put together a list of things that interest YOU, and plot them on a map. Then you can concentrate on one neighborhood at a time.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestion/request to ny experts

You're quite welcome and glad you're finding what you need.

I think that Frommers also gives good sample itineraries.

frommers.com

Have you perused some trip reports? They will give you an idea of timing and the stamina you need. (I always like to remind folks, don't forget to make time to eat!)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k474427-… Collection_of_trip_reports_from_SOLO_TRAVELLERS_great-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k472956-… Collection_of_trip_reports_from_couples_great_ideas-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k473208-… Collection_of_trip_reports_from_families_with_YOUNG_KIDS-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k475052-… Collection_of_trip_reports_from_families_travelling_with- (adult relatives)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k473200-… Collection_of_trip_reports_from_families_with_TEENAGERS-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k473391-… Collection_of_trip_reports_from_friends_travelling_together-

3. Re: suggestion/request to ny experts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2007, 18:51
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestion/request to ny experts

Lotus, are you morphing into Dolly?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
5,792 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestion/request to ny experts

Parton ?

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,777 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: suggestion/request to ny experts

Levi

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
5,792 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: suggestion/request to ny experts

Sorry guys ..... I can see I'm off my game. I think I'll be a bit busy deleting sarcastic remarks today. No offense intended everyone. Later folks.

Delhi
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: suggestion/request to ny experts

thanks everybody! whole lot of help!

tho i think i missed out on the nasty stuff...(by the time i checked it was deleted , i assume). but thanks to all who were kind enough to help.

9. Re: suggestion/request to ny experts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 00:18