We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report sept 15 to 20

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
142 posts
103 reviews
Trip report sept 15 to 20

So sad we have left NY so reliving it here!

We came from Melbourne via LA so we’re pretty exhausted when we reached our hotel, Washington Square Park hotel in Greenwich Village at 6.30 pm. We perked up enough to go and look for sandwiches which we sat and ate and people watched in Washington Square Park before hitting our beds! We loved staying here, great history, excellent breakfast and the doorman Manny is pure gold, our boys aged 12 and 15 loved him!

Jetlag had us up early next day so we got our 7 day subway tickets easily but struggled to swipe them properly (this struggle lasted a few days!). Hopped on a subway and walked the Highline,it was fantastic and quiet early on a Sunday morning. We walked from there up to the circle line cruise and got tickets for landmarks cruise. We had a sightseeing flex pass with 4 attractions and a $40 credit which we used for EsB. We had no probs using it at all and shorter queues in some places with it, highly recommend! We loved the cruise and the commentary and getting close to SOL without long queues and security. Next stop was Gotham food hall where we got some yummy but not cheap chicken salads to share ( we found food pricy but it’s the crap AUD to blame).

We then walked back to Intrepid museum which we all loved, so much to see and do, spent several hours there! Family were starting to flag and complain of tiredness but I bribed them with ice cream at Gotham again ( boy was it good). Rain was forecast for next 2 days so I really Wanted to get up ESB that day. Hopped on subway again!

We did not have to q at al and the whinging family shut up when they saw how beautiful a building it is inside and out! Views were wonderful and we loved it! Hunger set in so we wandered down to Koreatown and BCD Tofu House , 15 mins later we had a table and soon after yummy Korean food at a reasonable price! Subway home and bed! Day 2 to follow!

8 replies to this topic
Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
10,261 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Trip report sept 15 to 20

Ahh you're back, Rebecca! Glad you all enjoyed ESB, looking forward to more!

North Wales, United...
9 posts
1 review
2. Re: Trip report sept 15 to 20

Oooo we were at the Washington Square Hotel at the same time as you - we stayed from 17th to 20th! We loved it, such a friendly hotel! I plan to write a trip report soon!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
63 reviews
3. Re: Trip report sept 15 to 20

Enjoying your trip report and looking forward to more !

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
99 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Trip report sept 15 to 20

What a great start Rebecca. Our family will be in NY next April for 7 nights. We too have two boys who will be 12 & 15, so I am really interested to hear all about your travels.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: Trip report sept 15 to 20

Looking forward to reading the rest. Thanks Rebecca.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
8,537 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Trip report sept 15 to 20

Thank for reporting. Is it your first time in NYC ?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
142 posts
103 reviews
7. Re: Trip report sept 15 to 20

I was ther briefly as a 20 year old so 30 years ago, hubby and kids first time!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: Trip report sept 15 to 20

Here's a link to days 2 and 3 of this Trip Report

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g60…

Reply to: Trip report sept 15 to 20
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted