We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Tonys: more fun than the Oscars...

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
The Tonys: more fun than the Oscars...

Nominations:

Tuesday May 15 @ 8:30 am et

Awards:

Sunday June 10 @ 8 pm et

:)

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Tonys: more fun than the Oscars...

Thanks for the info.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,609 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Tonys: more fun than the Oscars...

I'll nominate Liev Schreiber for a Tony for his performance in Talk Radio. It was intense, and almost made the play good (not quite though).

He gets the Tony nod, not just because of his own seamless acting, but when he amgrily knocked a plate of french fries across the stage, he made his co-star Stephanie March (Law and Order SUV) jump and for that one brief moment she didn't look like she was acting.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Tonys: more fun than the Oscars...

ha...

Nyc (Upper West...
Level Contributor
6,907 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The Tonys: more fun than the Oscars...

It will be interesting this year. There were a lot of good dramas.

Santa Clara, CA.
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: The Tonys: more fun than the Oscars...

I love the performances at the Tonys. I saw The Jersey Boys perform last year and I was blown away. Had to go and see that show and boy it was worth it. Can't wait to see Christine Ebersole perform for Grey Gardens. She has to win. She is magnificent.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Tonys: more fun than the Oscars...

I saw Jersey Boys for the same reason, Travelinda. I like the Tonys because it's the one time a year I can see Broadway performances on television. Wish we had a Broadway channel like they have a food channel or a sports channel......

I think Christine is going to do "Revolutionary Costume for Today" on the awards show.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Tonys: more fun than the Oscars...

TravelingGuy - you know, for a guy who "doesn't know much about theater..."

;o)

We're seeing Talk Radio this Sunday.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Tonys: more fun than the Oscars...

I know nothing.

Santa Clara, CA.
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: The Tonys: more fun than the Oscars...

"I think Christine is going to do "Revolutionary Costume for Today" on the awards show. "

Ooooh!! (swoons). You made my evening, Travelguy. I don't think anyone watches the Tonys on the West Coast. Friends and co-workers give me a blank stare when I ask them if they watched them.

10. Re: The Tonys: more fun than the Oscars...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 03:18