We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regency Inn and Suites

Yukon
Level Contributor
119 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Regency Inn and Suites

Any comments on Regency Inn and Suites from someone who has stayed here?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,356 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regency Inn and Suites

Have you not read the reviews here? From disgusting to does not deserve to be called a hotel???

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g60763-New_York_City_…

Put the name of any hotel in the search box at the upper left corner of this page and you should get a link to reviews.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,356 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regency Inn and Suites

Reading your other post, I think the problem is your budget is not enough for 3 people to stay in Manhattan. Would you please post your budget and your travel dates so we can help.

Yukon
Level Contributor
119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regency Inn and Suites

Thank you dear friends and gentle people. Have cancelled our reservations to Regency Inn and Suites for obvious reasons. What we are trying to do is keep the nightly amount under $200 tax and all. I have two budget alternatives left which should be under $200, the Westside Y and the Soldiers and Sailors Hotel near Grand Central station. Any comments on these two places? Its not that we can't afford more, the satisfaction comes from staying in a clean comfortable place for as little as possible. Basically it is in keeping with a fundamental philosophy of "cheap". Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

Two old backpackers

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,356 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regency Inn and Suites

The Soldiers & Sailors is not near Grand Central and is only for military personnel as far as I know. The Westside Y and the Vanderbilt Y are both "ok" options with private rooms (for 2 I think) and shared bathrooms.

Now that you describe your wants/needs, the Herald Square is not a bad option. The Stanford is another hotel in that area that's also 'ok'.

Leo House is a popular budget place run by the Catholic church I think. Info here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k602672-…

If there are just 2 of you, your very very best option is to bid on Priceline for a 4* hotel and you will likely get one for $110-170/night plus tax. For a bargain lover, if you don't know about Priceline you should. It's always a good idea to book a cancelable reservation in case Priceline doesn't work. If you've never done Priceline before, go to betterbidding.com or biddingfortravel.com for advice.

If there are 3 of you, Priceline will NOT work as they only guarantee 1 room for 2 people with 1 bed. There are many hotels in NYC with rooms too small for an extra rollaway. I will also urge you to avoid your instinct of bidding for a lesser star hotel. You won't pay that much less and could wind up with a dud. :0) Good luck and post back with what you do.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Regency Inn and Suites

How about the Pod Hotel?

6. Re: Regency Inn and Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 22:19