We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New england flydrive

Aberlour, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
New england flydrive

Hello

Any good ideas for a road trip in New England from Boston over a two week period in early July please? Probably staying at three locations during this time. Like wildlife, the outdoors, good food and would like to do some whalewatching (preferably in normally calm location!)

I have the 'Rough Guide to New England' but there's so much info, ma heid is nippin' as we say in Scotland!

Many thanks.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,115 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
999 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,389 reviews
from US$36.00*
Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,749 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New england flydrive

Are you thinking of arriving Boston then spending about a week in three spots?

The New England states are Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut and Rhode island.

The most rustic of all I believe is Maine. Lottsa woods. And moose and caribou... The further you go towards Canada the more rustic it is. Maine also has a nice craggy ocean coastline to the south. Filled with tourists in the summer though.

Massachusetts has a wide range of urban/suburban areas. There is also Cape Cod and Nantucket Islands. You can definitely do a whale watch from the cape. I think there may be some Boston whale watch cruises as well. Again, shoreline very crowded in summer. To the north of Boston there is Rockport and Gloucester on the ocean.

New Hampshire, I am personally fond of the Lake Winnepasaukee area and the towns just north of it that are more unspoiled and have loons on quiet lakes.

Vermont, again you have lake country up north.

Rhode Island, small state...Newport very ritzy town upscale town on the ocean. Narragansett is nice also.

Connecticut has its shoreline and some state parks, probably the more developed of all the New England states.

You may want to post your question on the Boston and other New England state travel boards.

Aberlour, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New england flydrive

Thank you Voyagereuse! Think I posted in the wrong place as you say!

Cheers!

NWArkansas
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New england flydrive

Check our GoList and let me know if you have any questions - we've been there multiple times but this is our most recent trip.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i12151-New_Engl…

4. Re: New england flydrive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 17:17