We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant near the UN

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant near the UN

Arriving around noon on Thursday, planning to go to the UN after lunch....any ideas for lunch near there? We are staying at the Tudor Hotel on 42nd St.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,170 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,058 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,418 Reviews
from US$37.00*
St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant near the UN

"bump" ...(I guess that means "please don't let my question get lost in the shuffle!")

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,777 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant near the UN

I think a terrific place for lunch in that area is Cibo. Take a look at their prix fixe lunch menu, and do get their chocolate souffle cake.

www.cibonyc.com.

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8,444 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant near the UN

Alcala, a Spanish/Basque restaurant on 46th just west of First Avenue and across the street from the visitors' entrance to the UN.

I don't know the name of it, as it recently changed hands, but there is a very casual place with outdoor seating in the park on 47th street,near the Hepburn garden, again just west of First, across from the UN. Since it is expected to be very warm Thursday, this might be a good place to sit outside and people watch. This is a sandwich, salad type of place.

Nino's Bellissima, which is next door to Nino's Positano, which are both on Second Avenue just north of 47th, about a block from the UN. Bellissima just opened, I haven't been there yet, it is the casual pizza/salad/pasta cousin of the very nice and more expensive Positano next door (which should also be open for lunch). Both have outdoor sidewalk seating.

Osteria Laguna, a casual Italian, on the north side of 42nd between 2nd and 3rd, about a block west of your hotel.

I also like Cibo.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant near the UN

You're near Grand Central Terminal. Lots of choices there.

If you feel like slumming, get a beer and a sandwich at Blarney Stone, on 3rd Ave. between 44th-45th Sts.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant near the UN

Did you think about the Delgates Dining Room at the UN itself? Here is some info from the UN website:

"The Delegates' Dining Room at UN Headquarters is open for lunch Monday through Friday. Visitors are seated between 11:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. as tables become available. Reservations are a must, and should be made as far in advance as possible, through the Maître d'hôtel, at (212) 963-7625. The age requirement for group reservations is 12 years or over. Proper attire is required."

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,336 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant near the UN

I dont know how it will change now that the chef left, but L'Impero is probably the best restaurant in that neighborhood. In Tudor City.

There's a whole strip of decent restaurants on 2nd Ave in the 40s and 50s if you just want to see how you feel after the UN.

7. Re: restaurant near the UN

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 04:17