We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2nd trip advice

uk
Level Contributor
496 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
2nd trip advice

hello!

we came to NY last year and loved it so much we want to go back next year and we want to bring my sister and her boyfriend for her 21st.need some help getting started.

firstly we're now tied to school holidays so either need to go over the new year period or over easter. can someone give me a clue which would be the cheaper time to go?

also this tome there will be 4 of us, just wondering if it is best to just get 2 rooms or if some hotels do rooms for 4 people and if so if that would work out cheaper?

we live on NW of england so would ideally like to fly from liverpool or manchester. heard a lot about this new "globespan" that are budget and flying form liverpool but their prices don't go up to april so if anyone has any info on them please let me know.

thanks in advance.

emma

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2nd trip advice

check out the 2 bed rooms at radio city www.radiocityapartments.com - I was really pleased when I stayed here in Jan. You will need to book early tho as it's very popular

When you say over the New Year period do you actually mean for New Year's Eve - if so that is an expensive time to go - if you can go after NYE do so, flights are cheaper as is hotel acc.

I haven't flown Globespan but have heard good reports about their European flights.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2nd trip advice

I'm flying for the first time with Globespan this September for my second trip to NYC! I shall keep you posted!

What I can tell you though is that there seats are cheaper the further in advance that you book them. I'd keep checking their site regularly until their prices for April are displayed.

Try the Vinnci Avalon for a hotel that has suites for 4 people sharing , located in midtown. 4 of us are sharing a suite this year and their prices are very reasonable. The reviews on TA are decent considering the cost.

https:/…index.shtml

Nikki

dublin,ireland
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2nd trip advice

We went in Jan last year and prices were great. We stayed at the fitzpatrick Manhattan hotel however for four of you, I think Radio city apartments would be great.

uk
Level Contributor
496 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2nd trip advice

thanks for the advice. as i'm a teacher if we went over new year it would have to be over newywears eve etc so i'm thinking go for the easter break instead. easter next year is late march i think. can anyone give me a rough guide of what prices to expect to pay for flights from the north west of the uk this time of year and also a rough idea of hotel prices, last time we came after new year so i need to know if its going to be around the same price or more etc.

thanks guys

5. Re: 2nd trip advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 12:21