We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PATH Station Question

Helsinki
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
PATH Station Question

I'm travelling to New York city next Saturday and I'm staying at Holland Motor Lodge, Jersey City. Which line should I take from Manhattan to get near my hotel? And do those PATH stations have escalators or elevators that I could take my heavy luggagge there?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,250 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PATH Station Question

I'm not sure about which stop you would want (the hotel could tell you for sure), but most Path stations in Jersey City have escalator to a certain level, and steps to the street, or steps to a level, and escalator to the street. There may be an elevator at Grove Street or Newport/pavonia - I'm not sure.

Hoboken does not have elevator/escalator, but there are only about 10 steps (depending which exit you take) but I'm pretty sure Hoboken isnt the closest stop to your hotel...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PATH Station Question

the nearest PATH stop is Pavonia/Newport. there are elevators at that station from the platform up to the concourse.

having said that, it is still a bit of a hike from the PATH station to the Holland Motor lodge, especially with heavy luggage.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
159 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PATH Station Question

As has been pointed out the nearest PATH Station is Pavonia/Newport. That station is served by the Hoboken-World Trade Center Line (Weekdays Only) and the 33rd St-Journal Square Line.

For more information about PATH (maps, timetables, etc) visit:

www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/path/html/

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PATH Station Question

If you look at the reviews on this site, one review by seminartrekker outlines (in brief) the walk to the Path station including some photos, so you can an idea. Another reveiw estimates an 8-13 minute walk. Hopefully your luggage isn't too heavy. when you say "from Manhattan" where are you coming from with luggage? If you are flying into one of the airports, tell us which one then you can get suggestions on how to get to the motel with your luggage. Once you drop your luggage off, it's easier to commute into Manhattan (not my cup of tea, but some reviewers think it's worth the savings).

5. Re: PATH Station Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 13:15