We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating Suggestions near 150 East 50th

Duncan, OK
Level Contributor
23 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Eating Suggestions near 150 East 50th

Staying at the San Carlos at 150 East 50th street and looking for a good place to eat (non-touristy) near there after we arrive on Saturday night. We are going to hit Times Square Saturday night for some roaming around, but I really don't want to eat there...I'd prefer some local fare (i.e. deli's, burgers, etc.)

Thanks

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating Suggestions near 150 East 50th

Have a look on menupages.com for reviews and to see sample menus (with outdated prices). Here are a few nice places nearby:

Alto

Brasserie

La Mangeoire

Pampano

Avra

You're right near Ess-a-Bagel, for breakfast. And just a short walk to Grand Central Terminal, where you'll find upscale dining and a good food court on the lower level.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
419 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating Suggestions near 150 East 50th

Anywhere from 3rd Avenue down to 1st Ave will be where the locals live and eat. On E. 51st between 2nd and 3rd Ave's there are some real good lively restaurants.

chicago,IL
Level Contributor
235 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating Suggestions near 150 East 50th

Please post a trip report upon your return, Curious to know about this

hotel. Have you stayed there before? Thank you.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating Suggestions near 150 East 50th

chicago,

Here are recent reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d80112-R…

I've stayed at the San Carlos, and I can attest it is very nice. The staff is wonderful, the rooms are very spacious, and the business center was a nice touch. I also enjoyed the comped breakfast; it was nicer than most, with more offerings than I expected.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,451 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating Suggestions near 150 East 50th

There are loads of good restaurants nearby. Agree with the ones Bettina mentioned. Will add for a burger PJ Clarke is a historic saloon. Amma is good Indian, Our Place and Shun Lee Palace for very good Chinese. Jubilee is a nice French bistro known for their mussels. Houston's in the Citicorp building has been mentioned here often as good and good burgers. You can look for more details on menupages.com

Deli is not a thing I think most locals would go and eat out IN a restaurant on a Sat. night. It's more a take out or delivery thing or for lunch. Angelo's pizza in the area is also good and there's a funky place on 2nd ave. called Mimi's that's a

Duncan, OK
Level Contributor
23 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating Suggestions near 150 East 50th

Thanks. I'll post a report when we get back home.

We leave Saturday. Going to the Mets game on Sunday, Phantom of the Opera on Monday night, and just running around the great city the rest of the time.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating Suggestions near 150 East 50th

Sounds like fun, sooner, please let us know how it goes and any tips & recommendations you think will be helpful to others.

Have a great time.

8. Re: Eating Suggestions near 150 East 50th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 17:19