We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
1 review
Save Topic

Heads up all current posters (and for those of you who are new to this forum or if you have "been away" for any reason). Just to let you all know that I will be returning to New York in approximately 212 hours (but who's counting)!!

I don't usually have an itinerary but this time thought I would book some things before I arrive and this is it so far:

Saturday 9th June

Arrive at JFK 6.00 p.m. Airlink to RCA. Check in, freshen up and head out to TOTR for sunset (or not).

Sunday 10th June

8.30 a.m. St Mary's on Grand Street

11.00 a.m. Big Onion Walking Tour of Jewish Lower East Side

1.30 p.m. Tenement Museum Getting By Tour

Monday 11th June

10.00 a.m. New York Party Shuttle Grand Tour (this is to overcome any lead in my legs from jet lag and to conserve energy for later endeavours).

6.30 p.m. Pete's Tavern for the most exciting thing I will be doing this time - meeting total strangers from this forum for drinks and dinner:-) Just a gentle reminder to again appease my mother - Axe murderers and psychopaths are asked to avoid Pete's Tavern on this night (other paths may lurk though).

Tuesday 12th June

9.30 am. BAG Mathew Dallas - Greeter's Choice

Wednesday 13th June

2.00 p.m. Grey Gardens @ Walter Kerr Theatre

Thursday 14th June

Frick Gallery

Central Park

Metropolitan Museum

Friday 15th June

Move from RCA to Club Quarters Midtown

12.30 p.m. Grand Central Walking Tour

8.00 p.m. Godsons arrive from DC on Vamoose Bus. Hugs and smoochy kisses all round.

Saturday 16th June

11.00 a.m. Bike the Big Apple Tour of Central Park

Staten Island Ferry or New York Water Taxi 1 hour tour

NY Water Taxi to Brooklyn

Walk back across the Brooklyn Bridge

Family dinner at either Dallas BBQ or Virgils

Brian and Owen's names in lights in Times Square

Sunday 17th June

10.15 a.m. Cardinal's Mass at St Patricks

Apple store or Nintendo World

Family lunch

3.45 p.m. Penn Station Amtrak to Erie PA (with a tear in my eye)

Everything else will just happen and, of course, there always has to be something left on the "to do" list. Also plenty of spaces for more drinks and dinners:-)

Helen in Aus

New York Tour1
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
Nice Guy Tours
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours
Foods of New York Tours
Food Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours
New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary

Helen, this sounds great, not too much planned, but just enough, IMHO.

Can't wait to see you on the 11th.

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,817 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary

You know my feelings on itineraries don't you, but this looks nice and relaxed with the only times showing are for organised start times for trips...looks like my sort of holiday. It goes without saying that although I will not be at Pete's, numerous glasses can ( and should) be raised as I will be there in spirit---preferably vodka .Have fun.

Level Contributor
3,932 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary

Raise a glass for me too and take plenty of photos :)

Louise in Durham

Green with Envy.

Level Contributor
204 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary

Here's hoping your trip will be fantastic and filled with great memories...With a countdown like yours over the past 2 years ? of days and now hours ,lol, you sure deserve it.

And I really hope time goes so slow for you in NY. I'd stop the clock for you if I could!

Have fun!!!

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary

It looks great, though I'm not sure about Thursday. That's an awful lot of walking in one day. Unless you take your midday break with lunch and maybe a rowboat ride in the park.

Roll on Monday!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary

I can't wait to see everyone. Sounds like you have a great list planned.I would suggest bumping the forum invite for Pete's tavern invite.Looking forward to it and I will make a special effort to ease mother LOL.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary

The only thing that concerns me is that you might get some "art overload" on Thursday. Definitely start with the Frick, because if you start with the Met, you will not want to see another painting when you are done...

Level Contributor
161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary

I see you are leaving NYC for Erie, PA. Since I live in Erie I was just wondering what you are coming for?

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary

It looks like a great itinerary, just in my taste. I would eat at Virgils BBQ. Have a great time and I am really envious that you are meeting other TA forum posters. You must have some Swedish vodka(Absolut) and make a toast from me.

Have fun

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
136 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary

Looks great - taking it casually. Hope you go well with jet lag? Really interesting tours you are planning, like Big Onion. Look forward to reading all about it.

Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question