We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If I walked into the Versaci store on 5th avenue

New Orleans
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
If I walked into the Versaci store on 5th avenue

would they let me in? Or would they telI me I can't afford their clothes? I don't look trashy but I dont look rich. I have been walking a lot on 5th Avenue during my trip and I have just wondered whether they would even let me in if I went to the door. I haven't noticed any of the masses of people go into these stores.

This is curiosity only--I don't care about designer clothes and am not planning on actually doing this!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If I walked into the Versaci store on 5th avenue

Why not? Go, look around, I am sure lots of people do.

southern ca
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: If I walked into the Versaci store on 5th avenue

They will let you in but will probably give you "curious looks". Of course, it depends on the salesperson too. Some have better attitude than others. Some of the stores out here on Rodeo drive are like that too.

Nyc (Upper West...
Level Contributor
6,915 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: If I walked into the Versaci store on 5th avenue

You, as the customer, have every right to go into any store. Don't be concerned.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If I walked into the Versaci store on 5th avenue

Do not let anyone intimidate you. I would hold my head up high and go for it! Oh the other option is to pass by and stick your tongue out at them and say na na na na(LOL), if that will do the trick. I am only kidding! Enjoy!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If I walked into the Versaci store on 5th avenue

Don't be silly. Stores need customers. How you are dressed when you shop has nothing to do with what you might buy. Shoopers seem to forget they are the value added to any kind of store. If the folks who are trying to make you feel any different by being snobby or dismissivethey represent an ignorant management team. Friendliness and helpfulness win out over everything else, every time.

New Orleans
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: If I walked into the Versaci store on 5th avenue

I don't want to go in--I don't even really like to shop that much--was just wondering out of curiosity cuz I haven't really noticed anybody going into the stores. (just passing by though not really watching the door for that long)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If I walked into the Versaci store on 5th avenue

This reminds me of Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman" when she went shopping on Rodeo Drive. She got them back in the end. :o)

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If I walked into the Versaci store on 5th avenue

My impression is that:

a. folks who shop at Versace don't really do it in NYC. I'm thinking Rodeo Dr. or Miami. Or they have someone do it for them.

b. all high-end stores on 5th Avenue (and Madison Avenue, too) expect a mix of tourists, observers, curiosity-seekers as well as actual customers to enter their stores.

p.s. I like the luxury window shopping on Madison better.

Enjoy your trip!! Sorry about the rain!

New Orleans
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: If I walked into the Versaci store on 5th avenue

Thanks for the tip--I see a walk on Madison Avenue in my future. I love New York--rain or shine.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
868 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: If I walked into the Versaci store on 5th avenue

we visited versace, prada and gucci when we were in NYC and bought a few things at each. versace carried a favorite cologne of mine that i couldnt get anywhere else.

you are right queens, a good portion of versace consumers do have personal shoppers but the majority of their sales are in nyc followed by miami and then san francisco. a friend of mine has been with them for years working at the versace jeans couture shop in south beach and lets me in on all the gossip. her biggest sale to date was a brazilian family who dropped $23,000 on one trip. crazy!!

definately do stop in during your trip, just act like you belong there and they wont bother you, in these boutiques, the sales people rarely will approach you unless you inquire about their products.

of all the major designers, versace is in fact one of the most welcoming and prada being the worst. i purchased a wallet at one outlet and it was like pulling teeth to get anyone to help me,,,,,attitude to death!!!! also, louis vuitton wont give you the time of the day unless they see a black am ex, then they are all over you.

i enter these stores with the image of them wearing a wal mart smock,,,,,,thats all they are just in a different store, dont ever be intimidated by them, they are just people like you and i and yes, their wages arent anything to brag about.