We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Yorkers - Help! Need Restaurant Madison/37th vicinity

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
419 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
New Yorkers - Help! Need Restaurant Madison/37th vicinity

Hi all-

Any restaurant recommendations for the neighborhood of the Morgan Library (near Madison and 37th)? Moderate to expensive preferred; cost is not an issue - just want a quiet, established setting with above-average cuisine. Please, no noise or closely-packed tables. Thanks!

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,609 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Yorkers - Help! Need Restaurant Madison/37th vicinity

How about the Dining Room at the Morgan Library?

http://www.morganlibrary.org/visit/dining.asp

Possibly Rare Bar & Grill or Artisanal but I can't tell you how noisy it will be when you go...could be noisy, might not be...

For locations, addresses, menues for the above, visit menupages.com.

Bronxville, New York
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Yorkers - Help! Need Restaurant Madison/37th vicinity

I'd recommend Asia de Cuba, which is at the Morgan Hotel.

Asian-Cuban fusion cuisine (duh) served somewhat family-style in an upscale, refined setting.

Request a private table (versus the communal table) - the private tables are nicely secluded from noise.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Yorkers - Help! Need Restaurant Madison/37th vicinity

Is this for lunch or dinner? If lunch, I think Asia de Cuba is a great idea. But for dinner, I think it's too much of a scene and noisy.

The restaurant in the Kitano Hotel (Park & 38 st.) gets good reviews. I've never been but I think it would be quiet. There are also 2 W hotels on 39 st. b/w Madison & Park (the W Court and W Tuscany) and one of them has a good off the beaten path restaurant.

Cibo gets raves on this board. It's on 2nd & 41-42 st.

Last but not least, Metrazur inside Grand Central has very good food and is generally not crowded.

If this is for dinner and you have time for a drink before, the Campbell Apartments in Grand Central, the bar at the Library hotel OR the rooftop bar at the Shelburne Murray Hill hotel are all nice.

New York
Level Contributor
456 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New Yorkers - Help! Need Restaurant Madison/37th vicinity

Right down the street on West 38th Street, Northern Italian, high end service, Arno's. www.arnoristorante.com/ You'll feel like you're in on a secret.

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
419 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Yorkers - Help! Need Restaurant Madison/37th vicinity

Thanks everyone - heading out!

6. Re: New Yorkers - Help! Need Restaurant Madison/37th vicinity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 06:21