We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel and medical insurance for international travelers....

woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Topic
travel and medical insurance for international travelers....

hello

i was hoping that someone would be able to help me with travel insurance. i have a cousin of mine and his wife and 5 mo child that will be traveling to NJ to visit from Argentina. They will be in NJ for about a week and half and then we are all going to Mexico for a week. I need to find a company that will provide travel and medical insurance during their stay in NJ and in Mexico. does anyone have any suggestions? i called american airlines ins. co and they only insure U.S. citizen (which they are not).

any info would be much appreciated.

thanks

mina

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
136 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,111 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
994 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,385 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,909 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel and medical insurance for international travelers....

I have no good personal experience with this, but you might phone the hospital closest to you (if they're staying with you) and ask what international medical insurance they accept and then check whether any of those are also good in Mexico. Is there a medical condition or problem that's of concern?

I'll just tell you the only time I had any experience with something like this, a relative from England was visiting me and became ill. She had purchased health insurance in the UK but in the end, the co. she had refused to pay the hospital bill and I think the hospital had to write off the cost. It caused me lots of aggro for quite a while.

You might want to post this on the Argentina board here too.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6,530 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel and medical insurance for international travelers....

mina - I always use Insure My Trip dot Com - I get a package plan that covers both travel and medical aspects of the trip - and I always get CSA Freestyle Plus. Here's the link for all their package deals...

insuremytrip.com/myquotecalc-package-1000-0-…

Nyc (Upper West...
Level Contributor
6,921 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: travel and medical insurance for international travelers....

http://www.insuremytrip.com/

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8,125 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel and medical insurance for international travelers....

You need to be careful on this, since they are not U.S. citizens or residents. What type of insurance coverage do they have in Argentina? Is there state coverage in Argentina, as there is in European countries? If so, does it cover Argentineans traveling abroad? If not, what do other Argentinean travelers do? Just as U.S. travel agents often know about sources of travel insurance for U.S. citizens, perhaps an Argentinean travel agent could help them.

5. Re: travel and medical insurance for international travelers....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 09:19