We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theatre tickets for New York shows

N Ireland
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Theatre tickets for New York shows

Where is the cheapest place to buy tickets for shows in New York? Is it better to purchase online before going? I would like to avoid queueing for hours when I get there.

Level Contributor
402 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Theatre tickets for New York shows

I am from the UK and I booked my tickets directly with the Theatre when we went to see Beauty and the Beast.

They are much more expensive than prices for the West End in London and they do get very booked up in advance.

There is a place in Times Square where you can queue on the day for tickets but the line was enormous and we gave up in the end.

I would either ring direct or book online to guarantee the show you want to see.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
637 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Theatre tickets for New York shows

check the discount codes at broadwaybox.com

they will link you to the official ticketing agencies: telecharge, ticketmaster, and broadwayoffers.com

some shows do not have discounts such as Wicked and Jersey Boys..you can go to the sites above and get full priced tickets

naples fl
Level Contributor
249 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Theatre tickets for New York shows

Broadway girl has it down.

Some discounts on line at equal to or better than the TKTS booth, depending on what you want to see. Plus you have your tickets and don't waste time in line with no guarantees

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
498 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Theatre tickets for New York shows

www.playbill.com and www.theatermania.com

have some discounts that broadwaybox doesn't

5. Re: Theatre tickets for New York shows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 09:19