We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For those"in the know" about Wicked....

Orlando
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
For those"in the know" about Wicked....

Just bought tickets to see Wicked on Tuesday, Jan 8, 2008.

I noticed for the last two years, there were some major cast changes on the Monday before this week in January.

Do you know if this particular show is going to be the first show for some new members? Where can I find out how long the stars of the current cast are contracted?

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,169 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,056 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
London
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: For those"in the know" about Wicked....

I don't know about Broadway, but here in London most performers would be on 6 month contracts, with then an option to renew or not (or not be retained) after that. If that's the case in NY, you won't be able to tell this far in advance who will still be in it.

But I should't worry too much about it. Unless you have only booked in order to see a specific cast member, you won't be disappointed. It's a great show and anyone cast will be more than up to the task.

If you are desperate to find out about actors' contracts you could try the message board at witchesofoz.com. It's full of absolute Wicked nuts, who will probably be able to help you, even if it's only with what the latest gossip about cast departures is at the stage door.

Iowa
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: For those"in the know" about Wicked....

I'm not "in the know" but I've seen Wicked twice with different major cast members. Amazing both times!!!!

NYC
Level Contributor
452 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For those"in the know" about Wicked....

I wouldn't think it matters as they are professional actors, it would only matter as a pp stated, if you want to see a particular person, but even at that, they could be sick, day off, etc...I have seen the show a year or so ago and I didn't like it but it had nothing to do with the actors, I didn't like the story and I thought it was a little slow.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For those"in the know" about Wicked....

Thanks for the witchesofoz.com website, lucejg. I like that show synopsis on there......

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
197 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: For those"in the know" about Wicked....

the website listed above is the way to go. They know many of the standby actors so they can get the inside dirt. As far as I know the cast that is in now is there at least until July. Not sure if they are going to go on longer.

I know the big changes that occured this year in January were because Ana Gastayer was on a limited run due to previous commitments. And the Kate (Glinda) had been on for about a year--and left with Ana because they were best friends from working together in Chicago. And a lot of the cast went on to do the LA production.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
6. Re: For those"in the know" about Wicked....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 10:24