We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lincoln centre

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
lincoln centre

hi again,

i am thinking of taking my daughter to the evening performance of cinterella at the lincoln. However, i see that there is construction going on in the area. can someone tell me will the performance still be held in the centre. thanks

Nyc (Upper West...
Level Contributor
6,903 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: lincoln centre

The construction at Lincoln Center has no effect on the performances.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lincoln centre

thanks for letting meknow. i found the lincoln centre web site quite confusing. We know the area well but have as yet never gone to a performance at the centre so we are pretty excited. should we buy tickets on line or at the theatre. i think on line would be best unless we could get them cheaper in nyc

Nyc (Upper West...
Level Contributor
6,903 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: lincoln centre

The cost for tickets on-line or at the box office at Lincoln Center are the same and there are rarely any discounts for perfomances at Lincoln Center. I suggest that you buy online as soon as you can because you will probalby get better seats. When are you coming?

Gotham
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: lincoln centre

The construction you mentioned effects, for now, the building that houses Alice Tulley Hall, Julliard and SAB.

Cinderella will be performed during the first week of July at the Metroplitan Opera House which is not under renovation or construction of any kind. There will be a temporary stage set up at the fountain plaza for the Midsummer Nights Swing.

If you want to buy tickets online, go to the Met website www.metopera.org . There's a subcharge of $5.50 per ticket for online purchase. Met offers discount (50-70% off for orchestra seats) to employees of its corporate sponsors (i.e. NY Times, Citibank, UBS...). If you work for a multi-national corporation, you can call the Met at 212-362-6000 to check if you are eligible for the discount.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lincoln centre

thank you so much for replies. They were exactly the answers i wanted. We travel to nyc on 4th july and hope to see cinterella on saturday 7th.....cant wait

6. Re: lincoln centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 07:17