We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woodberry Common

Dublin
Level Contributor
98 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Woodberry Common

Hi

I went to New York in February 2005 and I found Woodberry Common very cheap.

I have booked New York for November 2007 and it's the week of Thanksgiving. I actually come home the week of Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if the prices in Woodberry Common would go up around this time or do they stay relatively the same throughout the year?

And would prices in Jersey Gardens be the same compared to Woodberry Common. It is top brands like Tommy Hilfiger that we'll be buying?

Can anyone help? Thanks Wes, Dublin

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Woodberry Common

There'll be a lot of sales around Thanksgiving so prices certainly wouldn't go up - it'll be really busy too I'd imagine because of the sales. I wasn't impressed with Jersey Garden's tbh and felt I could've got most of the stuff for about the same price in Manhattan......

Dublin
Level Contributor
98 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Woodberry Common

Thanks for the reply.

That's brilliant. I've been telling the girlfriend how great New York is and she's really looking forward to it, but mostly to the day of shopping we're going to do in Woodberry Common. I didn't want to disappoint her.

Thanks again, Wes

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Woodberry Common

Hello:

I live 15 minutes from Wood bury commons ,so I will try to answer your questions. There are also plenty of threads on here in the search box as well .

Wood bury commons is much nicer Country feel and better designer names than Jersey gardens the only advantage with Jersey garden's is that in New Jersey there is no tax on clothing and shoes and I think about 20 minutes closer to manhattan.

If going to Jersey garden's there is a nice ikea there and a huge Toys'R us world.The surrounding area is not as nice.It is near the pier's

The sales in woodbury should be the same year around.The tax on clothing is 4.125% Orange County where Woodbury Commons is.There are also surrounding the Woodbury commons some other popular discount stores like Target and Wal mart. Kohl's is a nice dept store Modells sporting goods.Those stores are in 2 seperate shopping center's next to Wooodbury.You could walk it , but it is mostly highway.Here is the number of a local taxi

Central Taxi- 845-781-4378

I would either take the bus from manhattan and then they give you discount coupons, I think the metro north train is alittle less expensive to get there.

In manhattan Tj max is good and Burlington coat factory for discount designer clothing, bags and shoes.

Enjoy!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,250 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Woodberry Common

lig - there's no comparison between Jersey Gardens and Woodbury Commons. Jersey Gardens is where you go for underwear, socks, sneakers. Woodbury is high end designers at discount plus the more moderate stuff they have at Jersey Gardens...

sort of like the difference between Marks & Spencer and Harvey Nichols!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Woodberry Common

Check out this previous post!

IS WOODBURY COMMON BETTER THAN JERSEY GARDENS?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k838911-…

Please be aware that the shopping anywhere the week of Thanksgiving can be A COMPLETELY OVERCROWDED NIGHTMARE OF HUMANITY EXHIBITING THEIR BASEST HUNTER-GATHERER SURVIVAL INSTINCTS.

This goes double for Woodbury Common.

Consider yourself warned.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Woodberry Common

The Round trip bus fare is about $30, with the discount booklet it is higher. The discount book is not worth it. Way too much work to figure out where to buy, whether you can even GET the discounts.

What you should do is: Go on line to the Woodbury Commons website (its part of Chelsea Premium Outlets). sign up for their "club" (its free) and you SHOULD be able to print a coupon to get a FREE Coupon book. You can also print a map (PDF I think) and plan your shopping ahead of time. You really have to do it "logically". There are plenty of bathrooms).

WC has changed over the years and while I USED to be able to get lots of stuff in the Elisabeth (the larger sizes for Liz Claiborne) store, I now can find NOTHING suitable for work. I usually find enough to buy ahd save enough to make up the cost of the bus fare. But I only go twice a year now. Since you are walking outdoors if the weather is bad, it may not be so pleasant.

The best place to eat there is APPLEBEE's, but you need to get in there before 11:45am, otherwise there could be a long wait.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,395 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Woodberry Common

On the tax issue, keep in mind there is now NO tax on clothing and shoes in NYC on individual items that cost $110 or less. So you will be paying 4+% tax at Woodbury on those things. For stuff like Tommy Hilfiger, I think it's crazy to go to Woodbury. That's carried at Macy's and Bloomingdales--both of whom give you an 11% discount if you register first at their service desk.

I'll also say if it's middle of the road stuff you want like Hilfiger and you HAVE to go to a mall, Jersey Gardens may be a better bet as it's closer and the bus is much cheaper. The only reason (imo) to go to Woodbury is if you're looking for high end stuff like Gucci, Chanel etc. which can't be found elsewhere.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Woodberry Common

If going by car to Woodbury you can eat at:

Pizzeria Uno

chili's

Outback steak house

Gasho Japanese steak house

cosimo's brick oven

TGI Friday's

Montclair, NJ
Level Contributor
233 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Woodberry Common

Map out which stores or brands you wish to shop at. Woodbury has a ton of stores but if you don't shop at most it is a wasted trip. If you only want the large popular brands you may be easily pleased at Jersey Gardens which is indoors (makes a different in November) and much closer to NYC.

The majority of the bigger stores appear in both outlets: T. Hilfiger, Anne Taylor, Aldo, Gap, Old Navy, Nike, Bass, Kenneth Cole, Victoria Secret, Reebok, Banana Republic, etc.

The differences are the stores in Woodbury are bigger and more stores (especially upscale) like you will find Polo or Northface in WC but not in Jersey Gardens.

As stated before, be warned Thanksgiving week (especially Black Friday) is an awful shopping day if you don't have patience and can't laugh off long lines, poor customer service, etc.

Dublin
Level Contributor
98 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Woodberry Common

Thanks a lot for the tips..

Wes