We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

summer sales nyc

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
summer sales nyc

hi,

is it true that july 5th is a big sale day inthe stores in NYC. if yes will they be as crowded as xmas time.

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: summer sales nyc

hmmmm........I can't really speak for NYC, but,as a rule, I don't think the 5th of July is a BIG sale day in the US......stores use any reason to call it a "sale" but it certainly won't be like Christmas. We have Macy's here in FLorida too, and they have good sales all the time!! So I guess the answer is.....it won't be any more crowded than usual....which in NY is VERY crowded!!

NYC
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: summer sales nyc

No...not even remotely. First markdown happened weeks ago, and 2nd markdown is gradually happening now. By July 5th most of the big sale days have already happened.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: summer sales nyc

hi

thanks for your replies. I thought as much but s firend tried to tell me other wise.

4. Re: summer sales nyc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 04:15