We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picking An Airline

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Picking An Airline

I am travelling over in September, looking on a few flight websites most airlines are around the same price. I usually fly continental, LGW-EWR(newark) what are peoples opinions on BA, Delta and AA on the London to New York route?

Any help would be great! thanks

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Picking An Airline

Never had a problem with AA or Continental, am flying AA again in Sept, mainly because of their leg room/seat pitch - I'm not so bothered about entertainment/food as long as I can sit comfortably!

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Picking An Airline

I've flown BA a few times and like the Newcastle add-on that stops me having to pick up my bags at Heathrow. Always had good service and ( if it's a consideration) they offer alcoholic drinks free on the transatlantic leg whereas the US based airlines charge a $5 fee( or it used to be ).

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,224 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Picking An Airline

I've never flown BA, but have done transatlantic on the others... They're all about the same.

I was just considering a $100 cheaper fare on Air India than Continental to Paris - and havent flown Air India since 1980, but opted for the extra for Continental because I can prebook an exit row with them, they're part of the AmEx miles program and the bad experience I had the only time I flew Air India. Then again, at least they kept us delayed overnight in the airport - not sitting on a tarmac!

4. Re: Picking An Airline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 20:20