We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tours for teens

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
tours for teens

I'm gradually getting through the reports for travelling with teens, but havnt come across anyone who took a tour aimed at teens, such as a movie/tv/music etc. I know there is the s** in the city thing but I don't think my 13 and 14 year old boys would enjoy that!!! Any ideas would be great thanks.

Real New York Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Free Tours by Foot
Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Night Tours, Food Tours
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - New York
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
CityRover Walks NY
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
139 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tours for teens

they have "as seen on tv" tours they might like...just google "TV tours NYC" also can do the Hip-Hop tour and google for that website as well.

also try The Lower East Side Tenement Museum,they put on a great tour with a teen playing the part of a new immigrant to NYC my son who is resistant to anything with "museum" in the name really ended up enjoying it.

You could also try a "tasting" tour yourself...Pizza,dumpling houses whatever they are into and travel around to the different places eating your way thru NY just pick a few places get the addresses and you can plot it on hopstop.com to make more use of your time.

chesterfield,va
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tours for teens

Go to sceneontv.com click on TV & Movie tours. THey also have one for S** and the City but not appropriate for 13 year olds. The TV and Movie tour takes you to scenes from Friends, Will & Grace, Spiderman etc. THe hipHop city tour might be good. Also most Grayline and Citysights tours are aimed at all ages. They go to places like Empire State Building , Statue of Liberty, Times Square etc. Hope this helps. Also Circle Line has a speed boat tour to the Statue of Liberty your teen might like . It's called the Shark boat tour.

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tours for teens

saw this today..........I'm sure they have others.....

"07/21 Dairy Berry Fields Tour: Teen-led Tour

From the Dairy to Strawberry Fields, this tour goes through the historical heart of Central Park. You’ll promenade along the Mall underneath the famous canopy of American Elms to Bethesda Terrace, then head past the Lake over to the site that memorializes John Lennon. Meet at The Dairy Visitor Center. "

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tours for teens

check out zerve .com for their sitcom/nyc movie tour. i took it last week with my 17yr old and it was brilliant. she thoroughly enjoyed it.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: tours for teens

Thanx everyone. You've given me some great hints and more time to spend on the computer!!

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,495 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tours for teens

Depending on your dates of travel, your kids might like the Vic Teens events at the New Victory Theater http://www.newvictory.org/victeensMain.m. My kids are still pre-teen so I can't report on them, but judging by everything else I've seen at the theater (which is a lot) it should be great. These are fully chaperoned events, which include a show plus on and/or off-site events, parents not allowed (but you can buy your own tix to the show yourself). I think these sell out quickly.

7. Re: tours for teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 23:16