We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flyglobespan problems

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
175 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Flyglobespan problems

Just found this in our local Liverpool paper re Flyglobespan. Thought I would post it here for info for anyone thinking of using them.

liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regi… passengers-64375-19506653/

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flyglobespan problems

That link didn't work for some reason so I just went to www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk and did a search for flyglobespan.

That's awful tho - what bad customer service and stranded for 6 days!

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flyglobespan problems

Apologies for the link not working - glad you could find the item.

Sounds awful, fancy just leaving people at the airport and not taking any kind of responsiblity of either telling them whats happening or helping them find an alternative flight etc.

They are no stopping the flights from Liverpool but the airport is saying they hope they start again next year. I think they need to do some PR and behind the scenes work before they do.

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flyglobespan problems

It's a shame esp with all the buzz of 'budget' flights to NY that was happening when they first announced their plans to fly there. They had got a fairly good reputation for their European side, so I was hoping they'd be able to hold up the American flights.....maybe it's just teething problems but I'd certainly wait til late next year after they've got a few 'good' flights under their belt before booking.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flyglobespan problems

That's horrendous! Bad enough that they're stranded for 6 days (although what better city to be stranded in??) but then to refuse to compensate. Shocking.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flyglobespan problems

After reading nightmare stories in the Echo and hearing stories about Flyglobespans poor customer service from friends and internet reviews. We decided to cancel as we'd already had so many problems with them for our flight this September.

First of all they had added a stop "grounded on tarmac for 1 hour" in Ireland, so the direct flight we had paid for suddenly became indirect.

Then we received an email to advise that our return flight was cancelled and that we would have to stay an additional night in NYC at our own expense! Sounds fantastic i know, but try getting an additional night in NYC when the extra night falls on a Saturday with only 3 months notice! Globespan were having none of it and put us in a real dilemma. Stressful was an understatement! lol

Our party of 4 ended up cancelling and demanding a refund. we've since had to change our dates and hotel all because of Flyglobespan! I would not recommend them to anybody!

scotland
Level Contributor
90 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flyglobespan problems

Well we booked in February for travel in September.We received an email saying our flight was changed by 3 hours, a bit annoying but fair enough. We kept checking our emails right up until we left and the outward flight went fine. HOWEVER, we arrived at the airport for our return flight only to find out there was no flight! When we called Flyglobespan they said that they had changed the flight from late afternoon to early morning a week previously. We recieved no correspondence from them telling us this, and the "customer service" assistant we spoke to said "It's up to you to check your return flights at the airport the night before you fly home". Basically we were stranded,they did not reimburse us as the terms and conditions of the flight effectively say they can change the flight time up to 24h before you fly and they don't even have to tell you. We spent over £1000 on a hotel room and flights before we finally got home. I would NEVER fly with them again.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flyglobespan problems

What a terrible experience. Its a shame really if they played it right and done right on the customer service side of things it could have really opened up budget flights to New York.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flyglobespan problems

3 of my friends have booked a holiday through Flyglobespan for a week in Toronto in October.

They received a letter changing their flight time but didn't think much of it.

One of my friends has had to cancel as she can't afford to go now (due to moving house), when she tried to phone and cancel it took her 2 1/2 hours to get through to someone!

When she finally got through she discovered that the date for the return flight was the day after the outbound flight! if she hadn't phoned up to cancel her place the other two friends would never have known their flight details were wrong and probably would have been stranded themselves!

Also, they've now moved the flight by a week, but had't changed the hotel times!

So it's not just New York flights they seem to have a problem with. From what I've heard, I'd never use them.

9. Re: Flyglobespan problems

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 08:20