We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carmine's

Great Falls, Montana
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Carmine's

Has anyone eaten at Carmine's in Times Square?

How's the food?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carmine's

Food is great....just make sure you're hungry:) Enjoy!

Great Falls, Montana
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Carmine's

How about Tavern on the Green?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carmine's

Go for a cocktail at the bar if you want to check it out...IMO, would avoid...food not up-to-par but has the rep and you'll basically find tourists/out-of-towners there as opposed to 'locals':) Keep Enjoyin'!

Nyc (Upper West...
Level Contributor
6,903 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Carmine's

Carmine's has good food. Order one dish for every two people. TOTG is overpriced relative to the quality of the food.

Great Falls, Montana
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Carmine's

What about New York pizza cooked in a coal fired oven in the Time's Square area?

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carmine's

I thought Carmine's in Times Square was very good.

My wife and I split an order of Penne alla Vodka, an order of Veal Saltimbocca and a Green Salad. We then ordered Bread Pudding for desert. We ate about 1/3-1/2 of the salad, made a very respectable dent in the Penne and finished the veal. The Bread Pudding we took back to the hotel.

A enormous quantity of food, but tasty! If not the absolute best Italian food I've ever had, it was still very good and well worth the price.

Follow the suggestion - except for some of the items there is enough food on any one entrée for two people.

John's at the Times Square location (W. 44th) is supposed to have a coal fired oven, but no one has been able to absolutely verify it that I have seen on this forum. We also ate there and the pizza was excellent! If you asked around, there is a chance you will run into at least one person from this forum there - I know I did!

Have a blast and enjoy!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,972 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carmine's

For pizza in Times Square, John's Pizzeria on west 44th st.

menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp…

I am not a fan of Carmine's. LOUD, ok for large groups but otherwise, give it a miss imo. Orso, Lattanzi, Vice Versa much better.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Carmine's

I like Orso, Lattanzi and ViceVersa, but I love Carmine's! I've got a group of friends and we go fairly regularly. We're all pretty good eaters, and each dish really feeds 4-6, especially the pastas.

The big problem is getting a reservation. We've had luck without reservations only on Mondays when theaters are dark.

South Florida
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Carmine's

We had a great time at Carmine's. There were 4 of us..all big eaters! The food we had was terrific. Veal Marsala and the special of the day..a pesto pasta dish. Oh baby!

And the dessert? ...smooooch!

By the way, the bill wasn't so bad...it was $113.00.

We also went to Maria Pia. A sweet little place...food wasn't as flavorful as Carmine's but we would go back.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Carmine's

I was directed , by the hotel concierage, to Carmines on my first visit to Manhattan. Very crowded place with huge helpings of carbs in the form of bread and pasta. It was a nice enough experience but I have found other restaurants that I prefer at the same price.