We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms on a Ship in NYC

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Rooms on a Ship in NYC

Does anyone know if you are able to book rooms on large ships that are docked in the ports of NYC??? I know that in London there are some ships and large yachts that you can rent out.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms on a Ship in NYC

I've never heard of this, which of course doesn't mean it isn't possible. Many years ago I had a friend who used to party on the large liners when they were in port. We'd bring a picnic and sit out on the deck and tour the great ships. Those were the good old days before anyone had to worry about high security.

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms on a Ship in NYC

The only large ships that I see docked in the ports are cruise ships.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms on a Ship in NYC

Was that steam or sail, B?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,208 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms on a Ship in NYC

maybe you can Craig'slist something in the 79th Street Boat Basin? That would be the closest I can think of, unless some of the yachts in the marinas are for charter.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms on a Ship in NYC

I used to see a boat at the boat basin advertised on vrbo.com as a vacation rental but not sure it's there anymore.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms on a Ship in NYC

thanks to everyone for their responses!

7. Re: Rooms on a Ship in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 10:36