We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Super shuttle

uk
Level Contributor
51 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Super shuttle

Has anyone got anything good to say about them? I've already booked my return journey with them!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
136 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,111 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
994 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,385 reviews
from US$36.00*
Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Super shuttle

Very few people seem to have had positive experiences Oshel. I think the general advice is avoid at all costs!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
948 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Super shuttle

I had an okay experience with them in March 06 (from Newark), although, going by the majority of reviews here, I do seem to have been lucky in that!

If you've already booked, I wouldn't worry too much - just be prepared for it taking a long time for the journey between the airport and your hotel and make sure your pick-up slot for your return journey allows plenty time for you to get to the airport.

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Super shuttle

I had a good experience with them the first time I came to NY from Newark, no problems at all. Have had a bad experience since then from JFK tho.

London
Level Contributor
144 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Super shuttle

I had a fine experience with them last November - we'd booked a slot for a certain time, but missed it due to security taking ages. Someone at the info desk at JFK arranged another one for us and it came in 10 minutes. No complaints about the journey to the hotel. From the hotel back to JFK took longer because we went to various hotels before heading to the airport, but I didnt really mind and we arrived in plenty of time. I would use them again if I was on a budget (might splash out for a yellow cab for my next trip though, just for the experience).

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
36,092 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Super shuttle

FWIW a friend of mine uses this whenever she needs to get from Manhattan to Newark and back for a flight. No problems.

Pjk

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Super shuttle

Every couple of years I use them when I arrive late into Newark, and don't want to spend the money for a car service or hassle with the bus / taxi connection. I forget the bad times I've had with them in the past, and I think, so many people have positive experiences that they can't ALL be bad. And then I have yet another dreadful experience, with an hour's wait before even leaving the terminal, and then the driver stopping at each terminal, waiting half an hour at each one, and then having to make stops all over Manhattan instead of just one area (like they're supposed to do), and then GETTING LOST, and finally arriving nearly four hours later at my apartment.

I am totally convinced that it's an anomaly when they do something right.

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Super shuttle

You could simply say goodbye to the booking Oshel (even if it costs you) and opt for a taxi or the direct bus link from JFK to Manhattan. Occasionally, in life, it's worth taking a small financial hit in the interests of comfort.

Nyc (Upper West...
Level Contributor
6,921 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Super shuttle

Oshel--By "return journey," I assume you mean going to an airport from Manhattan. If that is the case and you decide to go with them, make sure that you have a time booked for the pickup that will allow enough time so that you will not miss your flight. From reports, they have been very late on pickups in Manhattan.

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Super shuttle

There is a hidden subtext to many of the posts on this thread. It seems to be saying "Avoid super shuttle at all costs".

10. Re: Super shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2007, 18:56