We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brooklyn Bridge walk

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
814 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Brooklyn Bridge walk

I have almost finalized my itinerary for trip to NYC arriving on May 30th. Just a few small details left to make sure I am being realistic. How long does it take to walk back over the bridge from

Brooklyn? Are reservations necessary for lunch at the Boathouse in Central Park? Also, is anyone familiar with a Thai restaurant in Brooklyn called Joya which was recommended by a friend. Thanks!

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brooklyn Bridge walk

Are you a quick walker? For me, it takes about 15 minutes. If you're a slow walker, it might take you about 20 minutes or so. I've never been to the Boathouse but reservations are probably a good idea. Joya is one of my favorite restaurants. Great food and very affordable. If it's nice out, you can sit in their garden out back.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brooklyn Bridge walk

I'd figure half an hour to walk across, taking into account that you'll want to admire the view, not just trot across.

Reservations at the Boathouse are always a good idea.

I've never been to Joya, but I loved the Thai restaurant Sea in Williamsburg.

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
814 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brooklyn Bridge walk

Thanks you, yet again, for immediate answers! You guys are great advertisements for NYC hospitality! I will eat at Joya and walk over the bridge...Open Table does not list The Boathouse so may take our chances for lunch.