We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining options for a single around East 48th Street

Wilkes-Barre...
Level Contributor
602 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Dining options for a single around East 48th Street

I will be staying on East 48th street, near hotels The Barclay, The W and the Waldorf. I was wondering any suggestions for a single person to dine that also wouldn't break the bank. I will be in the city for the US OPen and don't really want something very upscale but nice that I could sit and have a decent meal. I know I am close to Grand Central but any other little places maybe I would not normally try on my own. Thank you !!!!

NY
Level Contributor
781 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining options for a single around East 48th Street

www.menupages.com will give you ideas for restaurants. It give restaurants by location, cuisine type, price range, and people opinions. If you find something to be reasonably priced and highly rated then it should be a good bet.

I cannot recommend a place in that immediate area but here are 2 places I like. On 86th Street and Lexington, I like Bella Cucina for Italian food and 47th and 9th, I like West Side Cottage II for Chinese food.

Enjoy your trip.

NY City
Level Contributor
191 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining options for a single around East 48th Street

Go to www.OpenTable.com

You can sort by neighborhood, price, cuisine...

Without knowing all your preferences, I may only suggest that you take a walk on 2nd Avenue between 48th and 55th. There are many moderately priced spots that offer good food and a comfortable atmosphere for a single.

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining options for a single around East 48th Street

if you don't mind the walk, try Zoe's Townhouse on 62nd between Park Ave and Lexington. Great food and service

Wilkes-Barre...
Level Contributor
602 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining options for a single around East 48th Street

Thanx everyone. I am familiar with menupages, great site. I just thought maybe some locals could suggest something I may not think to go into on my own. I guess I will be exploring when I arrive on Sunday.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,397 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining options for a single around East 48th Street

The closer you are to Fifth ave. there, the more expensive and upscale the restaurants. Head east toward 3rd, 2nd, and 1 st aves. There are some good ethnic restaurants in the area. Sip Sak on 2nd and 49-50 is good Turkish food. Pompano on 49th b/w 2-3 aves. is good upscale Mexican. Zarela is also good Mexican. There are a number of Indians in the area too: Amma, Indigo Bistro. Our Place is very good Chinese. Inside Grand Central, Metrazur has a nice price fixed menu and you can sit and watch the world go by.

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,606 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining options for a single around East 48th Street

Nino's Positano, a nice Italian on Second Av. near 47th Street, has opened a more casual place next door -- Nino's Bellissima -- that specializes in more casual food, including lots of pizza. Boi, a good Vietnamese, on East 44th street, has opened a separate little shop on Second Av. near 43rd that specializes in takeout, but that also has several stools and a counter at the window overlooking Second Avenue.

Lots of tennis players stay at the Millenium UN Plaza hotel during the Open (in addition to other hotels). While the restaurant at the UN Plaza may be a bit pricey for you (although you should check to see if they are having any fixed price specials), they also have a nice bar down there in the same area as the restaurant.

I also like SIp Sak, the Turkish on Second near 49th. There is another very good casual Turkish called Taksim on Second near 55th. Parnell's, on First Avenue near 53rd, is a nice pub and restaurant with very reliable and sometimes imaginative food.

7. Re: Dining options for a single around East 48th Street

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 08:20